Copying a protected CD

vbimport

Hi! I just bought a CD (Join The Love Republic by The Love Commitee) and when I try to play it on my computer it just skips the tracks (ie. they seem to have 0 length). This is really annoying because the only CD player that I have is my CD-ROM, I usually copy it to an MD and listen to them via that. Does anyone know how I can at least play this CD on my computer so that I can record it on MD? Or alternatively how to rip the tracks?

Thanks for your help!

David.:slight_smile:

Try this CDFS.VXD tool explained here. It’s a tool to help you back-up SafeAudio protected discs but it also works for non (or different ?) protected discs.

Goodluck

Hi, I tried the cdfs.vdx but it still didn’t make any difference. Some directories appeared on the disc, “Mono”, “Stereo”, “8-Bit”, etc… but when I tried to play the .wav files in these directories it wouldn’t work. And it wouldn’t let me copy it to the hard drive either. I had a closer look at the CD and noticed that it says “Cactus Data Shield 100 By Courtesy of Midbar Tech”. I also noticed some other people have had trouble with the same CD I am trying to access in the article “Defeating Audio Cd Copy Protection”. The problem I have is that I can’t even get the music to play. The CD comes up ok but when I try to play the songs winamp just stops as if the track was of 0 length.

Thanks,

Dave.

Dave,
Install ISobuster,put the music cd in your cd drive and tell me what tracks appear in ISobusters screen view and what their lengths are.

Leave your answer here.

Regards Jah

:slight_smile:

rip it with winoncd and choose only the audiotracks

Ok I tried ISOBuster and it says: The Primary Volume Descriptor (PVD) is unreadable. Read error at address: 16. Device reported error: 05/64/00 (Aspi reported: 0x04). Then it reports 16 tracks in session 1, one more track in session 2 and the rest up to 99 in session 3. Only the tracks in sessions 1 and 2 are audio tracks. And I can’t do anything with the tracks.

Dave.

have you tried eac to rip the tracks. sometimes if there is other stuff put on the cd you cant see the tracks. Eac can usually. get the EAC and give it a try.

Sir I want to protect my data cd from being copying

[QUOTE=courierdave;185264]Hi! I just bought a CD (Join The Love Republic by The Love Commitee) and when I try to play it on my computer it just skips the tracks (ie. they seem to have 0 length). This is really annoying because the only CD player that I have is my CD-ROM, I usually copy it to an MD and listen to them via that. Does anyone know how I can at least play this CD on my computer so that I can record it on MD? Or alternatively how to rip the tracks?

Thanks for your help!

David.:)[/QUOTE]

Here something try Anydvd for a trial 21 day and run it and see what if it tells you what kinda protection is on that CD if one exists…also make sure that CD isn’t putting a rootkit onto your computer. Who is the company that made that CD? I would if I was you get a spyware program to make sure that CD didn’t stealth load a rootkit onto your computer just to be on the safe side… Sony BMG was notorious for doing that…and some other CD companies might have done that as well but didn’t get outsted…yet…Have you tried to play it on a standalone CD player??? If it doesn’t play in that standalone then you have a bad CD and should go get a replacement one that works…

[quote=coolcolors;1969757]Here something try Anydvd for a trial 21 day and run it and see what if it tells you what kinda protection is on that CD if one exists…also make sure that CD isn’t putting a rootkit onto your computer. Who is the company that made that CD? I would if I was you get a spyware program to make sure that CD didn’t stealth load a rootkit onto your computer just to be on the safe side… Sony BMG was notorious for doing that…and some other CD companies might have done that as well but didn’t get outsted…yet…Have you tried to play it on a standalone CD player??? If it doesn’t play in that standalone then you have a bad CD and should go get a replacement one that works…[/quote]This post is from 2001 I don’t think he needs help now :wink:

LOL, I knew I forgot to look for that…oh well…guess the MOD should close this thread then… MOD if you reading this please close this thread as this is a old thread and if someone needs more help should create their own new thread???