Copying a continuous mix cd

Hey, gang. First posting here :smiley:

Here’s my dilemma. I have a continous mix cd. I’m trying to copy it exactly as it is to another cd. I’ve used Easy CD Creator 4 (a complete misnomer, if you ask me) and CloneCD. The problem is that I am constantly getting a stuttering every time a new song comes in. This happens with either app. I’ve done it disc-at-once, and I’ve tried burning an image file via CloneCD and SoundForge. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve searched the forums, and I’ve done the famous “create AND cue” search. This doesn’t help me since I’m not really sure what a cue sheet is, or what I’m supposed to do with it once I’ve created one.

If someone can help me out, I’d be forever greatful.

You are trying to backup n original audio mix cd, am I right?

Have you tried creating an image with your writer to you harddisk at a lower speed?

Sometimes the writer is not very well capable of doing Digital Audio Extraction well at high speeds. Lowering the speed by which the original is read might help.

Also Nero is a great program too, you can use the CD Copy option in there (never select the separate tracks).

Yo, Taxman.

Yes, I’m trying to back up a commercial CD. I’ll take your advice and try to create an image at slower speeds.

Got my fingers crossed :wink:

Hi Levit why dont you use NERO i;ve copied some mix CDS with this application and have not encountered any problems.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told

eac can ripped it as one big wav file with a cue

Ok, so now I’m using Nero but, alas, I’m still having the same problems. I tried it with 3 different CDs and encountered the same stutter between songs. Also, it didn’t matter whether I used “copy cd” or “compile cd”…same results.

I really don’t know what the problem is. This only happnes with a continuously mixed CD. I’ve posted this at the Nero website, but I haven’t received any replies as of yet.

Any help from anybody would be HUGELY appreciated.

Igor

First try to rip the entire content of the cd in one big .wav file (Use Easy Audio Copy or something). Then listen if that .wav file already has those same “ticks”. If not , then it’s possible to burn that wav file as a whole 1 track audio cd. You can use a CDRW for this purpose (saves coasters and discs). I’d recommend using Feurio for this.

If that works flawlessly , then you can try to add track information to the single .wav file.

I ripped one of the offending CDs into SoundForge as one large wav file, and SF also placed markers at all the track points. To my surprise the stuttering effect that I’ve been complaining about was heard in the wav itself :confused:

I’m completely confused by this because the CD plays perfectly in any CD player, yet every time I try to digitize a file I get these “ticks” at the end of every song…

Any ideas?

Igor