Copying a CD and raising the volume

vbimport

I have made a couple of CDs from old albums. However, on some, the volume is kind of low. Anyone know of a free CD copying program that will allow me to increase the volume a little bit? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thread moved to the Audio forum :slight_smile:

Free audio editor can ‘normalize’ the files thus making the file louder or as loud as the other tracks on the disc or computer file.
Audacity is another audio file editor that is free and you may like better. It has an amplify option for the selected file.
EAC exact audio copy does the same when backing up tracks from cd’s if the option is selected.
There are other programs available just Google for them.

Burning apps such as, burrrn, CDBurnerXP, Imgburn, have Replaygain option…
I prefer to rip my CD’s to flac (lossless)with EAC or dBpoweramp and then use foobar2k import flac(s) and use ’ ReplayGain --> Scan Selection as albums (by tags)…This method is lossless…

[QUOTE=weedougie;2514699]Free audio editor can ‘normalize’ the files thus making the file louder or as loud as the other tracks on the disc or computer file.
Audacity is another audio file editor that is free and you may like better. It has an amplify option for the selected file.
EAC exact audio copy does the same when backing up tracks from cd’s if the option is selected.
There are other programs available just Google for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Be careful not to go above 50% volume increase as you will get distortion. 25% is just fine mostly. Try to match volume level with other songs.