Copying 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Tried to make a copy of the classic movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea that i own for my winter cabin i leave all the copies up there. Well tried to copy the movie with clonedvd2 and anydvd Latest versions anydvd 6.0.8.2 and clonedvd2 v2.9.0.1 will go to 98% then stop I tried this on 2 different computers and will not copy. This is the first movie that i was not able to make a backup copy. Anyone have this proplem with this movie

dss56,
You need to say whether you mean 98% on the rip, or 98% on the burn. You need to say whether you are compressing the a DL movie onto DVD5 media or not (splitting or burning DL media). And, if your 98% problem happens during burning, you have not included the media brand, type, and media code of the blank disks that you are using or any information about your burner drive or firmware.

But with the limited information that I am able to infer from your question, and assuming you are having a problem with the ripping stage of your backup, my guess is that there is a flaw on the surface, near the outer edge of the original DVD disk that needs to be cleaned, buffed out or repaired & polished.

Best regards,
Whisperer

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1

Well it is during the read stops at 98% of the dvd with clonedvd2 and anydvd latest ver. Ive burned many movies and this is a tough one. I was able to copy it with roxio media creator 7.5. it took a long time but was able to do a complete good burn. Im sorry i should of got the error code from clonedvd2 but the movie takes about 45 min to read i will see if i can read and get the log error codes and post.

thanks for the reply

do you have dma enabled for the dvd drive?

i forget where to find that setting can you refresh where to look for that setting

thanks

dss56 -

Information on DMA ->

http://www.onthegosoft.com/dma_setting_nt.htm

While is a good idea to insure that your IDE Channels are running in the DMA Mode I don’t believe that is the cause of your problem in processing a backup copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I belive your problem is caused a defectively manufactured 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Commercial DVD disk. Suggest obtaining another copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Commercial DVD.

There is an entirely different process involved in viewing a DVD in DVD PlayBack device than there is in copying a DVD.

BeLooken

I agree with belookin - the read error is probably not related to the DMA setting, the reason I asked about it is because you said “but the movie takes about 45 min to read” and I thought that was a bit much. Sorry, I should’ve been more clear.

I kinda hate when it take almost a full read for it to come up error but like i said got to get a copy with roxio 7.5. Most of the movies i copy take from 10 to 30 min but this is a killer cause when it errored out you of course want to try again and error again.
Again i’m kinda new here and want to thank all for the responses.

Bob

dss56 -

I still believe that your particular copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea you attempted to make a backup copy has a manufacturing flaw. The AnyDVD/CloneDVD software combination failed to process a backup copy and then Roxio Media Creator 7.5 had difficulty in processing a backup copy. This indicates to me that your particular copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea has a manufacturing flaw.

Although you were eventually successful in obtaining a backup copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea you are ignoring the distinct possibly that your particular copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea most likely contains a manufacturing flaw on the DVD disk near the outer edge of the original DVD disk. If you ignore this fact there is a distinct possibly that in the future if you ever need to make another backup copy of this particular copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea this manufacturing flaw will prevent you for doing so. Also there is no guaranty that in the future that your particular copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will not deteriorate to a state that it will even be viewable.

Also have you closely viewed the backup copy made with Roxio Media Creator 7.5 and in fact ensured that there are not any audio/video glitches near the end on the movie?

BeLooken

Every thing seemed to be fine with the end of the movie i checked that out.