Copy your lp,s & tapes with 5005

Using Leads Supplied With Liteon,connect 2 Hifi & Front Of 5005, Red & White Audio. Select Source Av1 Front On Remote. Press Play On Hifi & Record On Liteon. Must Press Edit 2 Split Tracks, Or Use Cd-rw & Split Tracks On Pc. If No Audio Output On Hifi Can Use Headphone Socket 4 Output But Will Need 3.5 Jack. When Connected
Music Will Play Through Tv Speakers.

Yes.

The 5005 can record audio CDs from any audio source.

Now…

How do I play those old LPs (and some 78s!!!) when my turntable went belly up? :slight_smile:

You get a sewing needle connected to a piece of string at one end, and a paper cup at the other end. You hold the cup to your ear, and a friend holds the needle keeping the line under tension, and the friend runs around in circles.

I recently obtained a 5005X. It has worked great for copying VHS and 8mm videotapes but I cannot figure out how to connect it in order to copy cassette tapes and LP’s. I have tried connecting the turntable to my receiver and then the tape out to the audio in on the 5005X. I also tried using the headphone jack on the receiver to the audio in. It appears to burn music but it won’t play on my computer on various cd players. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, CRASHCUP

Could you elaborate a bit on ‘must press edit 2 split tracks’.

Is this to do with it recording in Stereo, or is it to do with the several second gap between songs or something else? The 5005 seems to be a very functionally rich machine, I was happy to see it copy PAL tapes, but it appears I can burn an LP to a CD?

Thanks

HI. IT IS THE GAP BETWEEN SONGS. ARE YOUR CDS COPYING IN STEREO

HAVE U TRIED THE WAY I SAID 2 DO IT. DO THE CDS THAT APPEAR 2 BURN PLAY ON YOUR LITEON. ONCE THE LEADS ARE CONNECTED THE MUSIC WILL PLAY THROUGH YOUR TV & THEN U CAN COPY.

THANK U OILMAN

Thanks Harpken,

I haven’t actually tried this yet. I have a Sony stand alone turntable that has stereo leads that I have plugged into the Phono In jacks on my Hi-Fi. I’m assuming that I unplug the turntable leads from the Hi Fi and plug them into AV1 in the LiteOn? ie: I’m feeding Lite On the audio signal straight off the turntable, so it is not an amplified signal, (it is not going through the hi fi).

Regards

If you put the turntable feed directly into your 5005 the level from the magnetic cartridge will be too low, also it would be uncorrected giving a terrible recording.
You can purchase RIAA corrected preamps that will allow you to directly connect. I use this setup myself with a home made unit to directly record records to my PC, where I can clean up the hiss and clicks to get an excellent recording. I can also delete and add any tracks I want to and would recommend that you use this system rather than the set up you are trying.
Nero has all the tools you need although I find the software supplied with my sound card (Creative) easier to use. The only other part required is a CD or DVD recorder which you may already have.
Regards.

Thanks for the info weedougie

Regards

IF U USE THE HEADPHONE SOCKET OUTPUT ON YOUR HIFI AS I DO, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE ANY AMPS. YOU CAN ALSO DO THIS WITH A PORTABLE TAPE PLAYER. AS THEY HAVE BUILT IN AMPS. HOPE THIS IS SOME HELP…

You cannot use just any pre amp it must be corrected for the output of the magnetic cartridge. If you want really good recordings of high quality the headphone socket is not the way to go. The tape output on any hifi unit would be much better, providing it has a record phono input.
Regards

Erroneous information and all caps. Seems like you didn’t do anything right on your post.

Just because it CAN be done, doesn’t mean it should! /.

Additional information for those so inclined.
RIAA Equalization Explained

Everybody’s entitled to an opinion. But nobody’s entitled to be taken seriously. /.

THANKS FOR YOUR INFO WEEDOUGIE

WHAT, IT GOT OTHER PEOPLE 2 HELP OUT. THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

Still not a clue.

Your ignorance is infinitely greater than you realize. /.