Copy used to take 5 min now 1 hour

when i have dvdfab 5 it took 10 minutes to copy 2 movies with 2 dvdfabs open and now i dont know if it is my computer or the new dvdfab but it takes 1 hour to copy 2 movies or 30 minutes to copy 1???
i have 2 drives and use both at the same time just like before.
what happened and how can i find out what the problem is, computer or software??:sad:

more detail, i copy 2 dvds in my dvd drives to my hard drive, then i copy 2 movies from my harddrive to blanks and they used to take 10 min at the most, now 1 hour, i dunno

Check and see if the drives are in DMA mode not PIO mode

Which version is this with?

now i just uprgraded to 6.0.2.0
and i have 4 gig mem and sys prop says i only have 2.99 ram
and i have 2.79 ghz
and usually when u install or upgrade or reinstall dvdfab it MAKES the drives
configure to the dma doesnt it?
thats why u have to restart the comp i think
which , im sorry, i totally forgot how to check whether its in dma mode or not, please refresh my memory, its late and this is getting on my nerves.
thank you all for the help by the way!

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

Are you able to rollback to 6018 or do you still have the last version of 5 installed?

i have 2 “Primary IDE Channel” in my device manager, i uninstalled the drivers on both, then windows after reboot reinstalled them, i check, the dmas are set on one of the primary ide channel, on the one it has device 0 and device 1, both are set at dma 5, trying once again and it is taking 20 minutes to copy from disk to HD, when normal is 5 minutes. so i still dunno?

[QUOTE=planetvision;2297841]i have 2 “Primary IDE Channel” in my device manager, i uninstalled the drivers on both, then windows after reboot reinstalled them, i check, the dmas are set on one of the primary ide channel, on the one it has device 0 and device 1, both are set at dma 5, trying once again and it is taking 20 minutes to copy from disk to HD, when normal is 5 minutes. so i still dunno?[/QUOTE]

20 minutes is about right for the speed to rip to HDD. Now burn speed only takes about 5 minutes so nothing wrong with DVDfab newest release. But you can try what is in this link
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f61/troubleshooting-enabling-checking-dma-windows-vista-xp-2000-me-9x-101616/

and this link
http://winhlp.com/node/10

ok so now ill tell you, dvd rip to hdd just now took 4 min 45 sec
and that was 4 gig rip, THAT is my NORM.
and that was my non sata dvd, now i will test out my sata dvd.
so far so good, will let you know results
so i think the uninstall/reinstall of the drivers worked.
my non sata is my old drive and they did work perfect both at same time QUICK.
now i THINK my sata is the one that is slowing the system down and the only recent change is i conected thru a sata raid card because i ran out of sata plugs on my MoBo but still testing the sata currently

update on the sata dvd drive, ripping same disk 14 mins
10 min more than other old non sata drive, but i think its because im going thru the sata raid card, thats the only change i made since before. so, i thought id let all of you know, if im wrong let me know, if im right let me know.

going to try to put my dvd sata drive back on MoBo and retest

UNLESS someone tells me that its just the setting on the sata raid card that have to be set differently?

OTHER ISSUE i have 4 gig ram, why is windows saying 2.99 in the properties but in bios it says all 4 slots are filled with 1 gig each? is this one of my problems, does the ram still work and windows xp pro sp2 is just stupid and doesnt see it but still uses it?

Hey Howdy,
You were correct to think Windows XP is stupid. It will only address 3 GB of RAM. That is for the 32-Bit Version, I am not sure about the 64-Bit version. I installed that once long ago but went back to 32 and it only sees 3 GB.
Hope that helps.

P.S. Windows 7 will access a whole lot more memory in 32-Bit version. I checking out the Release Candidate now and I like it.
Jamie:)