Copy Size

i had 4 movies in Avi formate. The size of all 4 movies are 6 Gb in total. how can i take all movies in 1 dvd (4.7 gb) without making any quality loss

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Maybe you can remove some contents from each file (end titles for example) so maybe all movies will fit a single layer disc. VirtualDub is an excellent solution for this purpose.

The only other alternative to not lose quality is to re-encode again each movie from the original DVD, taking care to create a smaller file. This is a more time consuming solution but quality is better.

You can’t take 6GB size file and squeeze/compress it to DVD-5 size and expect [I]no[/I] quality loss…
Consider using a DL disc,or geno888s suggestions…

[QUOTE=vpdp;2194738]i had 4 movies in Avi formate. The size of all 4 movies are 6 Gb in total. how can i take all movies in 1 dvd (4.7 gb) without making any quality loss[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why you aren’t able to take those avi files and put them to a DVD9 media??? I would go that route if finanically feasable but that is my opinion. This is possible only if your drive is a DL burner drive.

Thanks

[QUOTE=geno888;2194747]Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Maybe you can remove some contents from each file (end titles for example) so maybe all movies will fit a single layer disc. VirtualDub is an excellent solution for this purpose.

The only other alternative to not lose quality is to re-encode again each movie from the original DVD, taking care to create a smaller file. This is a more time consuming solution but quality is better.[/QUOTE],

i must say what i did :- i had taken the avi files to dvd squese and commpressed (yes there is a quality loss) but when i want to write it to dvd
it become big again and quality loss remain the same. i used some softwares -> DVD Shrink 3.2, DVD Flick