Copy Protections

vbimport

How well do the different brand drives handle copy protections?

Are there any 3 sheeps burners?

Not for DVD burners. I seem to recall my Plex. Premium is a three sheep. Maybe the next version will be as well.

Assuming the above respose is to the 3 sheep burner question, if DVD media is excluded from three sheep testing, would there be 3 sheep burners?

I recall having years ago an LG CD-RW drive; it was the best burner I have ever used to burn and read CD recordable media. It could seemfully sucessfully burn any CD recordable disc with any copy prtection in a couple minutes. I later sold the LG CD-RW with a computer.

Do DVD burners tend to not handle CD copy protections as well as CD bruners?

There are no 3 sheep burners period.

The 3 sheep (cd only) burner is an invention of alexnoe and no such burner has ever been made (though some of the very old scsi plex burners (cdr only) come close. The plex premium is a very good 2 sheep writer and handles all cd versions of safedisc up to v.2.8; for higher versions, it’s hit or miss (i.e. some individual writers can cope without weak sector enhancement, some will succeed with weak sector enhancement, and some will fail altogether).

So far as dvds are concerned there aren’t even any 1 sheep burners (i.e. no burner can write weak sectors accurately to a dvd.

See here for more:http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=900103&postcount=13

Does a comprehensive documentation (such as a list or database) of how well many (like) different drives perform at writing copy protections exist?

Can’t seem to edit above post. The post should be:

Does comprehensive documentation (such as a list or database) of how well many (like) different drives perform at writing copy protections exist?