Copy Protection on software DVD

Hi

Forgive me for being a bit dumb on this matter but I am a newbie. :slight_smile:

I have a DVD which contains Real World Environment software and I would like to make a legitimate backup as it cost me nearly £600 and I would hate for the disc to scratch!!!

Everytime I have tried to copy it and have inserted the copied disc into a drive the program has requested the original disk. I have tried various ways of copying it including MagicISO, Rip and Unprotect and Blaze.

Most programs only seem to be able to copy movie DVDs and not this type.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks

C5clive

Scan with Protection ID and let us know what copy protection is used for this disc. Then we’ll probably be able to assist you.

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

Will do and will post results

PortectionID simply states “Possible CD/DVD check string -> CD in the drive”.

It uses the Quake3 engine if this is any help.

Sorry I can’t offer more.

Did you scan the disc or the installation folder on your hard drive? You need to do the latter.

Many thanks for the advice. Will do so.

Just says “Possible CD/DVD KEY or serial check -> cdkey”

Does this mean there is some encryption key for which I need to find?

What is the exact tile and version of the software and who makes it.

Hi

The software is ‘British Gas Engineering Academy - Fault Finding on High Efficiency Appliances (Release 1 CD - RWE-HEAFF-1006)’ and the software was written by a company called Logicom.

Hope this helps

Many thanks

Has anyone else got any other ideas about how I can make a legitimate copy of this software?

[QUOTE=C5clive;1911128]Hi

The software is ‘British Gas Engineering Academy - Fault Finding on High Efficiency Appliances (Release 1 CD - RWE-HEAFF-1006)’ and the software was written by a company called Logicom.

Hope this helps

Many thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you try Alcohol 120% software and load your program on an image drive. Lots of people do it with games so they do not have to use original to play, it may work with this software disk.

Thanks CDuncle!

I will try that. Another similar program has something called HCPS Loader and does the same thing. What is HCPS Loader and could this have a bearing on it?