Copy Protection of .bin/.cue files?

Hi everyone…

I have a .bin/.cue file of Halo-combat evolved.

I believe that Halo is protected with some form of copy protection and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to identify which protection is used and how to crack and burn it?
Will i have to convert it to .ISO or burn it and then crack it?

HELP!:confused:

it is not allowed to talk about illegal activities on this forum.
Please remove the text in your post.

In what way is owning a .bin/.cue file illegal?

You haven’t even bothered to think you may look rather stupid if i were to own the original and was trying to make a backup.

:bigsmile:

Cracking a file is illegal becuase it changes the original programming. That is what damiandimitri was referring to.

what a load of bollocks!

So…when all you guys remove the copy protection from a game that you already own to make a back-up copy and then burn the changed (ie. protection removed) program to cd-r, it makes that process illegal too?

oh…and give me a break guys…your telling me that all 50,000 members just need to know how to make a backup of a game they “already own”! Ha…now who’s the silly people!

Originally posted by Digi_Guy
Ha…now who’s the silly people!

You I would guess for behaving like a small child. Throwing a tantrum won’t get the rules changed. By the way the rules can be found here. Please read and respect them.

So…when all you guys remove the copy protection from a game that you already own to make a back-up copy and then burn the changed (ie. protection removed) program to cd-r, it makes that process illegal too?

We don’t remove the copy protection. We backup the CD, Copy protection warts and all.

oh…and give me a break guys…your telling me that all 50,000 members just need to know how to make a backup of a game they “already own”!

You maybe right that some members come here to learn how to burn and play there downloaded, stolen games. If they post this type of quesion it is not answered, they are warned against doing it again and the thread is closed. Much like this one will be I expect.

[B]In what way is owning a .bin/.cue file illegal?

You haven’t even bothered to think you may look rather stupid if i were to own the original and was trying to make a backup.[/B]

Anyway…as i was saying…i would like to burn the .bin file of the game i already own…including it’s copy protection. What programs should i use?

You will want to toss your bin and re-image your original with the correct settings for the appropriate copy protection thats on it. Halo is safedisc so you want to use CloneCD with safedisc profile, DiscJuggler, or Blindwrite/alcohol with the appropriate settings detailed in the tutorials.

/MLS

Cooooool…now we’re talkin some semi-sense!

Erm…so…what if i were to say i “lost my original copy through miss-use?”

What then Huh…Huh?
:stuck_out_tongue:

[B]
Erm…so…what if i were to say i “lost my original copy through miss-use?”

What then Huh…Huh?
:stuck_out_tongue: [/B]
What then? A locked thread and a warning to be more circumspect.