Copy protection @ Celine Dion's "A new day has come"

Has anyone been able to get tracks off this CD and burn it into another? CloneCD can not detect the CD, ClonyXXL says it has an unknown copy protection.

Celine Dion is key2audio v3, read the sticky thread in this forum to recognise the protection yourself (and also find out why ClonyXXL can’t help you all the time).

Thanks. Once I turned off auto-insert notification, CloneCD was able to copy the CD without issues. I’m now the proud owner of a shiny new backup copy, while I keep my original safely away from being scratched :smiley:

Could you tell me what’s the device you have used ?

Plextor, Toshiba and even the LiteOn’s will do the trick with this specific version of Key2audio.

so it depends only on hardware ? or a good ripping software can improve the capacity of recognize cd tracks properly ?

1. The problem is that I don’t wanna do a copy. The only thing I’m
    interested in is HOW TO PLAY THE ORIGINAL CD in my CD drive. After all, I paid for it 15 euro.

If you cannot play it, there is no other solution then trying to backup it… (because when backing up the protected audio cd, the protection is always removed.)

Or use another drive…

Or contact Sony and demand an unprotected version…

1. Thanks! But I don’t believe that Sony will do that. After all if they gave to someone a unprotected CD their protection will not worth a ROL(Romanian curency 1 $ = 33 500 ROL).

2. Another type of drive is very hard to find because Sony are the cheapest and everybody buys them.