Copy Protected Training CD

vbimport

Hello Experts!

I have a copy protected data CD that I would like to have a backup copy of because I use it so much from my Laptop to my desktop (seriously)

In any case, I have tried I think everything, and it simply will not load unless the actual original cd is in the drive…

I have tried CloneCD, I’ve tried making an ISO and burning it… nothing…

Even tried creating a NEW image of the cd and installing that on a FRESH computer and it STILL wants the original cd… is there something physical about the cd it is looking for??

I have figured out one thing in all of this… If I simply load the program once on any given computer it is installed in with the original cd in the drive, it will work forever as long as I do not CLOSE OUT the program (X it out) completely… so it sort of stays resident I guess once it sees the cd once…

Any suggestions???

Tell us what copy protection is used (scan with ProtectionID to find out) and tell us what burner/s and any other ordinary cd/dvd rom/s that you have.

[QUOTE=philamber;2162904]Tell us what copy protection is used (scan with ProtectionID to find out) and tell us what burner/s and any other ordinary cd/dvd rom/s that you have.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I have tried the programs to scan it and it comes up with nothing!! I think it’s hopeless… :frowning:

As a teacher, I make back-ups of all our training CDs…haven´t had one yet which I had problems with.

I use AnyDvd in combination with CloneCd

One thing to check on the settings of CloneCd is the type of content…just audio, or multimedia or whatever…
Try the combination of the 2 softwares, and check the settings.

[QUOTE=jeepj27;2163040]Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I have tried the programs to scan it and it comes up with nothing!! I think it’s hopeless… :([/QUOTE]
Scan the installation folder on your hard drive, not the cd itself.

try alcohol 120
can u make an image at all? or do u just get a lot of bad sectors?

[QUOTE=SuppA-SnipA;2164213]try alcohol 120
can u make an image at all? or do u just get a lot of bad sectors?[/QUOTE]

I can make plenty of images and then burn them… the crazy thing is that it STILL asks for the original CD…

All my copy protect scans do not reveal the type of protection… so this one is a tough one I guess… geez

You scanned the installation folder without any result using protection id?