Copy-protected Eminem CD with added value (DVD) planned

vbimport

I just posted the article Copy-protected Eminem CD with added value (DVD) planned.

A few days ago (May 1st) we reported that the latest Eminem CD would probably be copy-protected. Ze used our newssubmit to tell us the follow-up story over at medialine.com:

Universal Music…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3815-Copy-protected-Eminem-CD-with-added-value-DVD-planned.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/3815-Copy-protected-Eminem-CD-with-added-value-DVD-planned.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m not sure… The DVD will probably be ripped & uploaded to the net… They just CAN’T make a 100% working CD-Protection, coz’ it will be cracked anyway!

For most people it still will be hard to find a place to download the DivX, or even hard to download it at all, as most internet users are still on smallbad…

never mind anyway… i never liked eminem or something like that kind of music. The music industry giving away money to protection companies… no problem good for our economy :slight_smile:

Eminem’s a little bitch. He’s always going on about fuck the industry and such like and here he is prooving what a money greedy ass hole he is. He doesn’t want his consumers to get the best quality CD they can. He wants to try and stop them copying it so he gets more cash. Cant wait to download this. i’d love to send Eminem a copy of it to with a big ‘Up Your’s’ attached to show him the only people he’s screwing, as usual, is his ligitimate customers.

That is cool, though - they r on the right track. I am friends with a person high up in the industry. He just retired last week, His explanation was that the business is changing very fast.

Nila states: He’s always going on about fuck the industry and such like and here he is prooving what a money greedy ass hole he is. He doesn’t want his consumers to get the best quality CD they can. He wants to try and stop them copying it so he gets more cash. Come on now, who’s being the greedy bitch here? You expect artists to perform for you, but for free? Get real, these people have to get paid for performing…It is not fair to them for me or you to download their music for “free”, stop being a tightwad and pay for your music!

Eminem sucks ass. untill this happened I just thought it was his music that totaly blew.

the music will appear on fasttrack anyway, somebody will find a way to grab music to harddisc, and as soon as it is on kazaa, it will spread everywhere. you can find absolutely every music on kazaa, whether the cd used to be protected or not

as far as im concerned, id much rather pay an artist who is more passionet about his/her music than making money. how many ppl make a better OS (linux) everyday for free? the concept of making music for money has to shift a little. i if i get mp3s of a band i havent heard of before, i might go buy their cd, and maybe go see them live at a concert. free music is about exposure. that way, if i get bad music, i dont lose anything deleting it cept time.

The main problem with copy-protected cds is that they will actually ENCOURAGE piracy. Certainly no half-way intelligent consumer wants a product that only works in a few devices. Therefore, the pirated MP3 album downloaded off of Kazaa will actually be more desirable! Before this time official cds had the advantage of coming with cover and cd art. Certainly anyone would prefer the actual cd to a CD-R with “Eminem” written on it. However, this lack of portability severely negates the advantages that the offical cds has traditionally held. As a result, I expect the RIAA to report more record losses later this year, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

i’ve had the advance of this album for at least a couple weks now :d

What the industry has to realise also is that by protecting CD’s they are just throwing down the gauntlet. I bought my Mum the new Celin Dion album, and noticed this morning it has a label saying ‘WILL NOT play on PC/DVD’. Well… shat music or not, I just gotta have a go at it now. On principle. :stuck_out_tongue: Quite satisfying when you copy a protected CD and then rip the copy to MP3. A hole new game. :wink:

A dvd tossed in …HMMmmm…another “carrot” for the donkeys…when will they learn and start treating us as people…:7

LOL team rns released it yesterday so it wanst that protected as they where thinking LMAO :4