Copy protected CD's of Pride already available in MP3

vbimport

I just posted the article Copy protected CD’s of Pride already available in MP3.

Jim Kiler used our newssubmit to tell us that the CD of Charley Pride, is already available in MP3 on the web.

The CD should be protected against ripping it into MP3 but now Yahoo reports that…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1826-Copy-protected-CDs-of-Pride-already-available-in-MP3.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/1826-Copy-protected-CDs-of-Pride-already-available-in-MP3.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

You will always be able to play the cd on a domestic drive and then record it though the sound board…or am I wrong ?

“We have a way of looking at what the content is and telling if someone has legitimately circumvented what we do, and this does not have those elements in it.” - i don’t know. but this sounds like a bunch of crap. how exactly are they gonna look at the mp3 file and say “hey that didn’t come from this cd but from that cd.”? maybe they already know that it can be ripped, but they didn’t want to let anyone know.

one word: BULL Why did they produce 2000 unprotected CD’s???

offcourse It can be ripped… and if it cant be ripped by you cdrom just use your home cd player with digital out, plug it in you computer and the job is done... when will they learn there isnt such a thing like copy protection ?

Who the hell would want to rip a Charley Pride CD.

Yeah…2000 non-protected CD’s…yeah… I bet 2000$ that tooks 2000 nanoseconds to put the ripped Wavs in 2000 CD’s :g

You just don’t know how silly I felt going into 3 stores & asking for the Pride Cd. Meanwhile, maybe it wasn’t reported officially but there IS some kind of protection on the Beatles “1” Cd. Try to rip or copy track 27 (The Long & Winding Road). I was only able to copy it with one program - Only Disc Juggler copied it for me. Disc Dupe, Nero, Audiograbber, Clonecd DID NOT copy the song without major skips & errors…??hmmm.

They make 2k not protected cd’s so the company can’t sue them for their stupid protection. They always say, its copied from the unprotected cd’s

Yeah, this is total crap. With the "oh we have special cd’s and special drives, etc, etc, etc! Why dont they just bloody face it? Piracy is going to be around forever! Sega came out with all this crap about the dreamcast! Look what Utopia did to that! Put it on its knees! Whats to say that this wont happen again with these so called protected cd’s?

“We have a way of looking at what the content is and telling if someone has legitimately circumvented what we do, and this does not have those elements in it.” Dont they need to know how a ripped version of the protected CD looks like, before they can judge if someone was able to bypass their copyprotection? Seems to me that follerec was right. They already have a way to bypass their own protection…