Copy Problems with New DVDs

I have been doing this for a long time with DVD XCopy however lately things haven’t been copying due to new encryptions. I have downloaded a multitude of applications such as AnyDVD, DVDShrink, 1ClickDVD, and CloneDVD2. I have just been trying this one DVD of Bewitched and nothing is working. I also had problems recently with Broken Flowers, the Brothers Grimm, and Madagascar. Can anyone help me? I’m not that much of a computer person and I’m not really sure what all the technical stuff means. Thanks for any help.

All you need is CloneDVD and AnyDVD from Slysoft. Make sure to get them directly from the slysoft web page. They both offer trials so you can make sure they work for you and give you results you enjoy. With AnyDVD loaded and set to defaults, put in the DVD you’re trying to back up, open CloneDVD, and click on either Copy DVD Titles if you want to do a movie only copy, or Clone DVD if you want a full back up. Select the DVD in the drive and click next and you’re good to go. It really can’t be any easier. As long as you are using the latest versions of each program you will have no problem with the titles you’ve mentioned.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it. The only movie I’m having a problem with now is Bewitched. But it looks like theirs some new Sony encryption going on. Is there any way around that that isn’t ridiculously complicated?

Well, the steps I outlined above SHOULD work on Bewitched IF you have the latest versions of CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I didn’t have any problem with it. Give it a try and if you have problems let us know and we’ll see what we can do for you. If you run into problems, make sure you post the exact error messages you see on the screen. Good luck.

I just used ANYDVD and DVD Shrink. It worked fine. :wink:

I tried it with DVD Shrink version 3.2 and it said that it encountered an error and couldn’t continue. It failed to read file “D:” Data error (cyclic redundancy check). What does this mean? Did I do something wrong?

I tried it this time with AnyDVD version 5.8.3.1 this is what it said
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.8.3.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
Then I turned on Clone DVD2 and picked to copy DVD titles
Then it said D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_2.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again.
File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_2.VOB 23 Picture Reader

You have to use ANYDVD in conjunction with Shrink. :wink:

It appears that you have a “bad” disc. Try another one if you can…

I’ve probably copied maybe 30-40 DVD’s so I’m a relative newcomer. I used DVD Decrypter and Shrink which worked well for a while until one day they didn’t (can’t remember which movie) So I bought AnyDVD and CloneDVD, and they worked great until today when I downloaded AnyDVD 5.8.3.1 (I should have left well enough alone, but the reminder screens kept on popping up, 'Do you want to check and see if a newer version is available? or “There is a new version …etc) andway tonight I tried to backup 'Rundown” ( (2003) and AnyDVD is saying that my DVD ROM is region II (seems it is, according to Nero Info tool) and apparently DVD I’m trying to backup is region I. It also wouldn’t copy from my DVD burner (which is also region II). I’m finally backing it up on HD with DVD decrypter (which asked me if I wanted to change the region of my ROM and said I only have I think 4 more times to do it) and I’ll try to burn it with CloneDVD. I’ve seen several threads that are complaining about AnyDVD 5.8.3.1-do you suppose there is something wrong there, or should I reload it again, or what?
Thanks in advance.

No, there is nothing wrong. After you changed the region of your drive (you could have done this in Windows device manager as well) AnyDVD will work just fine.