Copy one movie (of more) at a time from the menu of the source disc

Hi. I am trying to figure out what I need to do to rectify these problems. I have a Philips DVDR 985. I used it to transfer my collection of movies from VHS to DVD+R and RW. I also bought a new Dell Dimension 8400 with a DVD+RW drive. First I am having problems playing the DVD’s I made on the Philips DVDR 985 recorder on the Dell and to my other DVD players. They play then stick and may even freeze up. If I put them in the Philips DVDR 985 they will play fine. It seems that most of the problem I am having is with the discs I recorded on DVD+RW. Mind you that the Dell also has Philips drives. Also if I try to make an exact copy with the Dells software it will read the disc and them give me a message that there is a problem and the disk may need cleaning. Done that, dont work. OK now if we can fix this problem there is a second problem. Some of my discs have more than one movie on them. I would like to find some software that would let me choose only one movie at a time from the menu of the source disc and copy that rather than to make an exact copy to the new disc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Buggartt@metrocast.net