Copy Movie Only Or Complete Disc Backup

I’m sort of new to this dvd back up idea. I was wondering if most of you copy the movie only, or do a complete back up including the menus etc. I have tried to copy a complete disc of a lot of movies and it seems that they tend to skip during the movie. One example of this is the movie “Friends With Money”. I should point out that I haven’t run into any problems using anydvd and 1click to copy a movie only disc. I did do that and have watched “Akeelah and the Bee” and “The Sentinel” without any problems. Any advice would be much appreciated.

John

I usually keep the whole disk so if I want to watch the extras and such, however I don’t use 1 click I use clonedvd.

I almost always copy “Main Move”…You get a much better picture. And I use CloneDVD plus Nero Recode 2…I have 1 Click copy DVD and thats good for disks with serials on them…but dont try to live without AnyDVD…ok…Cheers Mate :smiley:

I have tried to copy a complete disc of a lot of movies and it seems that they tend to skip during the movie.

Sounds like a media issue, or burning close to the edge…

I use DVDD & Shrink; Usually always rip w/ “File mode” & copy the entire disc. Use shrink to compress, remove some of the extras, trailers, etc., replace them with still pics.

regards, katzz :slight_smile:

jdc241 -

Generally “Skipping” problems during playback viewing is caused by the use of poor quality blank DVD Media.

Below is an informative Web Link that if completely reviewed provides detailed information on how to select quality blank DVD Media. For consistent error free backup results limit your selection of blank DVD Media to 1st Class Media.

BeLooken

I use UltraISO to make a full dvd Iso to the hard drive and then CloneDVD to process what i want…

Really Null-A? That is definately a peculiar way of doing things.

Movie only. You get a much better picture if you do movie only.

[B]AnyDvd[/B] to decrypt it.
[B]Dvd Shrink [/B] to rip and shrink it.
[B]ImgBurn[/B] to burn it on a disc.

Really??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: is it absurd or clever??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I see it this way everyone has their way of doing this.

This is an excellent an ecomonical way of backing up movie, Shrink works seemlessly with Imgburn and AnyDVD works in the background so this is a great combination. I have backed up many movie this way. Just make sure you disable AnyDVD when the burn begins.

Is there any reason to shut off anydvd to burn with imageburn if you are not going to test it with dvdinfo pro. I mean it doesn’t do anything to the burn or does it?

Not sure but give a warning sign so I turn it off for the burn.

No, but verify might fail.