Copy main movie and get subtitles

vbimport

Hi, using DVDFab latest version 5.2.2.2, but the question is sort of generic for all versions.

If I want to back up a movie using only the main movie option, how can I get subtitles? Is that possible even? Selecting the full disc option, often the tradeoff for quality is not acceptable using a standard 4.7 single layer disc. Can anyone advise how I can do this?

If I can do it using full disc, but deselecting some of the items that appear in the list of what to copy, can someone tell me what to select to enable the ability to get subtitles?

If I am not making myself clear (which I may not be), please tell me how to refocus my question.

KathiD

(have not posted in a while):sad:

Are you trying to make the subtitles display automatically or just to include them so that you can enable them with your player (you can do either one in Main Movie mode)?

I would prefer to be able to enable them from main movie mode, but am not doing something right. I know I have selected subtitles as part of the copying process, but how do I access them when the menu from which you enable or disable is not there? I am dense, right?

Use your DVD player remote subtitles button to turn them on or off.

One remote (in a main room) does not have a dedicated cc button on it, is there any other way, or do I have to do full movie?

No need to do full disc. I always do movie only and use the subtitles button to select the subtitles I want to display.

I have three dvd players and all of them have this feature… Are you sure yours does not?

You mention a cc button I am talking about the subtitles button. I do not know what a cc button is.

Does cc mean closed caption?
If so this is not the button you need to display subtitles.
Look at your remote again it should be next to the audio button.

KathiD
I have never seen a DVD player that did not have a button or menu item for subtitles (most have a button on the remote). CC, as benhad pointed out, is not what you want. If you want them to display automatically, you will need to click to turn on the default arrow, just to the left of the subpicture selection box (with a checkmark) for the subs you want to display. If you just want to be able to turn them on and off with the player controls, you should not have to anything more than put a check in the selection box for the one you want.

[quote=Benhad;2188838]No need to do full disc. I always do movie only and use the subtitles button to select the subtitles I want to display.

I have three dvd players and all of them have this feature… Are you sure yours does not?

You mention a cc button I am talking about the subtitles button. I do not know what a cc button is.[/quote]

cc: closed caption, another way to say subtitles

The remote for my tv has a cc button, but the dvd player/burner I have in my bedroom does not have either button, just a setup button. I’ll try the remotes in bedroom and living room (the only ones with dvd players) and see if I can get the captions to appear.

[QUOTE=kdroskinis;2189245]cc: closed caption, another way to say subtitles

The remote for my tv has a cc button, but the dvd player/burner I have in my bedroom does not have either button, just a setup button. I’ll try the remotes in bedroom and living room (the only ones with dvd players) and see if I can get the captions to appear.[/QUOTE]

Another way to say subtitles, yes, but only subtitles provided by the broadcaster and only applies to TV broadcasts, not DVD playback. And that cc button should only be on your TV remote, not the DVD remote.

If your DVD remote has a setup button, used that to get to the menu to navigate to the subtitle option, and you can turn them on or off from there.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Seems to be some confusion about remotes…
When I mention a remote as stated before it is for the dvd player and not the tv.
Your tv remote has nothing to do with the playing of the move or the subtitle selection.

On your[B] DVD Remote[/B] use the subtitle button to select or turn off subtitles.

As stated above the CC button has nothing to do with the playing of subtitles on a DVD movie.
Take a minute and look closely at your DVD Remote buttons…

[QUOTE=Benhad;2189262]Seems to be some confusion about remotes…
When I mention a remote as stated before it is for the dvd player and not the tv.
Your tv remote has nothing to do with the playing of the move or the subtitle selection.

On your[B] DVD Remote[/B] use the subtitle button to select or turn off subtitles.

As stated above the CC button has nothing to do with the playing of subtitles on a DVD movie.
Take a minute and look closely at your DVD Remote buttons…[/QUOTE]

No confusion here…if you can believe it, I have to use my [B]STEREO[/B] remote to watch DVDs on my TV…

Stereo has 4 HDMI inputs and one output - cable box and DVD player are HDMI to the stereo, I use the one output to go to My HD Panasonic TV (all this to take advantage of pumping DVD and broadcast TV through my stereo for max. sound reproduction.)

If you note my above post, you’ll note that I advised kdroskinis to use the setup button on her [B]DVD[/B] remote to enable/disable subtitles, as she claims there is no subtitle button on her DVD remote.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=O’Canada;2189288]No confusion here…if you can believe it, I have to use my [B]STEREO[/B] remote to watch DVDs on my TV…

Stereo has 4 HDMI inputs and one output - cable box and DVD player are HDMI to the stereo, I use the one output to go to My HD Panasonic TV (all this to take advantage of pumping DVD and broadcast TV through my stereo for max. sound reproduction.)

If you note my above post, you’ll note that I advised kdroskinis to use the setup button on her [B]DVD[/B] remote to enable/disable subtitles, as she claims there is no subtitle button on her DVD remote.

O’C

:)[/quote]

I do see a setup button on my one remote, and will check the other one. I am sure there is something I have not done (because I did not know another way except to access the menu on the dvd itself). I will try what you have suggested. Again I appreciate the feedback. Thanks for not making me feel like an idiot. I already did that to myself!http://club.cdfreaks.com/images/smilies/6/sad.gif

hi, kdroskinis

i havent read a post from you in reply to signals suggestions.

[QUOTE=signals;2188895]KathiD
If you want them to display automatically, you will need to click to turn on the default arrow, just to the left of the subpicture selection box (with a checkmark) for the subs you want to display.[/QUOTE]