Copy large files

:flower:hey there plz can any one 411 on how to copy a 2.23GB file to cd-r or 2 or is there a way to make the file smaller can’t to dvd becuse old computer doesn’t have dvd drive.thanks:flower::kiss::bow:nonameg

[QUOTE=nonameg;2198565]:flower:hey there plz can any one 411 on how to copy a 2.23GB file to cd-r or 2 or is there a way to make the file smaller can’t to dvd becuse old computer doesn’t have dvd drive.thanks:flower::kiss::bow:nonameg[/QUOTE]

Does your computer have USB connections? If so get yourself a flash stick as they come in 2, 4, 8, 16 G density capacity. Assuming your copying only one file and moving it to another computer. If you going to move more files larger you might want to invest in bigger HDD or DVD burner. Also DVD burner are cheap nowdays and if your computer has either a Pata or Sata connectors your burner will hook up to those connections. Also if you told us your computer specs that also go along way for those wanting to give you help to give better advice knowing what you currently have.

Sorry the crystal ball is out of order,can you plz tell us what type of file it is…You know we need more 411, I mean info…
What format is the file in? .avi , .mpg , etc…:smiley:

thanks coolcolors

Nero can burn files across multiple discs. But it will only be for backup purposes, meaning it will have to be restored to a single file on your HDD before it can be used. You can’t take a large iso file, burn it to several CD’s, and have it be bootable or useable from the CD’s.

Now a new DVD burner is about the same price as a 16Gb flash drive.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2199040]Now a new DVD burner is about the same price as a 16Gb flash drive.[/QUOTE]

Heck yea that so true…but it pays to have verstile storage medium though…I have a 8G stick right now…and where I live they are going for $24 US right now…not bad…I might this year buy a 16G or 32G if I can find it…