Copy just the audio track?

Can I use DVD Fab (possibly in conjunction with Nero, Shrink, etc.) to produce a cd with just the audio track of a movie? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks a million.

I don´t know if you can do it with the software you mentioned, but you certainly can with some others. For example: I´ve done it with Super …a free converter of almost anything.

You can use DVD Decrypter to output just the audio track.

Whappo,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me how to do that with Decrypter?

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2238766]Whappo,

Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me how to do that with Decrypter?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Open the disk with DVD Decrypter, choose Mode -> IFO, click Stream Process, then Enable Stream Processing, untick everyhting but your audio stream, then select Demux, choose your output folder, and press the green start arrow. You should get a AC3 audio file. I don’t know what you want to do with it once you have it demuxed.

Whappo,

In answer to your question, I’m trying to create an audio cd. HOLY CRAP! There’s NO way I could have figured out on my own what you were kind enough to walk me through. NO WAY!!

Any way, having created that VTS folder per your instructions, can I use Nero to create an audio cd? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks a million!!

Duplicate post

Extracting just the AC3 audio by demuxing won’t work on a audio CD in that format… it would still need to be converted to MP3…

deanimator’s suggestion of using SUPER © is a good one to extract the DVDs audio as an MP3… You could also use the freeware [U][B]AoA Audio Extractor[/B][/U] to extract the audio into MP3 as well/// …BTW: with AoA you’d need to rename those VOBs into .mpg

MBK,

Thanks so much for your help. I’m having a heck of a time using either of those programs (Extractor or Super). I can get a VTS file, but am unable to get Nero to recognize it to create an audio cd. Any guidance?

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2238790]Whappo,

In answer to your question, I’m trying to create an audio cd. HOLY CRAP! There’s NO way I could have figured out on my own what you were kind enough to walk me through. NO WAY!!

Any way, having created that VTS folder per your instructions, can I use Nero to create an audio cd? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks a million!![/QUOTE]

I don’t use Nero, haven’t for years, but isn’t there an AC3 plugin that you can use?

The audio AC3 file will be in the VTS folder.

There are many programs to convert ac3 to wav.
One of them is Ac3Tool.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AC3Tool
You can also check some of these:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?convert=AC3%20to%20WAV

Thank you all for your input and suggestions. At this point I feel like a total moron. I can’t even find a FAQ for Super (which appears to be the best program to create and mp3 file from which I could create a cd). No problem creating a VTS or VOB file…but an mp3? Boy do I feel stupid!

There´s nothing hard about this.

You´ll need a WAV file…get this from Super (skip the idea of making an MP3…go direct to WAV)

Cut and label this (if you want to, into separate tracks, using a free editor such as Audacity)

Burn using Nero or Burrrn to CD

deanimator,

Well, you, my friend, have done it! I can’t thank you enough. :bow:

I still feel like a moron for not having been able to figure this out on my own…a most humbling experience…but at least it’s done!!

Thanks again to all who took their time to help me.

Glad you got it rosariorose9… :wink:
deanimators suggestion to go directly to WAV is probably a good one considering you might not have a player that can play the MP3 file instead.

[quote=rosariorose9;2238642]Can I use DVD Fab (possibly in conjunction with Nero, Shrink, etc.) to produce a cd with just the audio track of a movie? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks a million.[/quote]DVDFab will do this by itself, no other tools needed. The Mobile option will extract any movie audio track as it exists on the DVD or convert it to 2-channel WAV, MP3, M4A or WMA. There is a guide for this in the tutorial, here: http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToMobileAudioOnly

I’ve used the mobile option to extract the audio tracks and it works great !! All you have to do is edit the tags when its done extracting…

Wow guys, had no idea that Fab can now do this… obviously only with the paid version, but I guess you could use it’s free trial period to do it for starters…lol
Good info to know though…

there’s other easy to use shareware out there - e.g. google dvd audio extractor - but this is a DVDFAB forum & we’ve established that DVDFAB can do the job for you.