Copy from hard drive to DVD media - in only one step?

vbimport

Copying a DVD from the original media to the hard drive, compressing and deleting unwanted material, is a one step operation, .

Later, if I want to make a copy of the movie in the hard drive folder to a DVD, it writes it again to a hard drive temp folder and then it copies to the DVD.

I’d like to know if DVDFab can write the hard drive folder directly to the DVD media - a single step rather than two.

Clone mode won’t work, as it only accepts data from the burner.

If I use ImgBurn to write the folder, it doesn’t let me choose the subtitles, like DVDFab does.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595501]Copying a DVD from the original media to the hard drive, compressing and deleting unwanted material, is a one step operation, .

Later, if I want to make a copy of the movie in the hard drive folder to a DVD, it writes it again to a hard drive temp folder and then it copies to the DVD.

I’d like to know if DVDFab can write the hard drive folder directly to the DVD media - a single step rather than two.

Clone mode won’t work, as it only accepts data from the burner.[/QUOTE]

When you select the folder on the hard drive for the source which mode are you using ?, I don’t have a problem using full disc mode.

But most of the time when I rip to the hard drive to burn at a later date I normally don’t even use or open DVDFab, I just use ImgBurn as a standalone program.

[I][B]StormJumper[/B][/I][B] wrote:[/B]
[I]…"when you select the folder on the hard drive for the source which mode are you using ?, I don’t have a problem using full disc mode.[/I] "

I tried Main Movie and that writes a new temp folder. I assumed Full [COLOR=Black]Disk would do the same. Doesn’t it?

[/COLOR] [I][B]StormJumper wrote:[/B][/I]
[I]“But most of the time when I rip to the hard drive to burn at a later date I normally don’t even use or open DVDFab, I just use ImgBurn as a standalone program.” [/I]

I tried ImgBurn stand alone, but it doesn’t let me select or force subtitles as DVDFab does. Because of a severe hearing loss, that’s important for me.

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595506][I][B]StormJumper[/B][/I][B] wrote:[/B]
[I]…"when you select the folder on the hard drive for the source which mode are you using ?, I don’t have a problem using full disc mode.[/I] "

I tried Main Movie and that writes a new temp folder. I assumed Full [COLOR=Black]Disk would do the same. Doesn’t it?

[/COLOR] [I][B]StormJumper wrote:[/B][/I]
[I]“But most of the time when I rip to the hard drive to burn at a later date I normally don’t even use or open DVDFab, I just use ImgBurn as a standalone program.” [/I]

I tried ImgBurn stand alone, but it doesn’t let me select or force subtitles as DVDFab does. Because of a severe hearing loss, that’s important for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes if you use main movie mode for copying the ripped folder/files stored on your hard drive it will use the temp subfolder, however using full disc or even write data mode will not.

If you copy to the hard drive using DVDFab with all your preferred settings .e.g… “select or force subtitles”, ImgBurn will copy the folder/files as it was saved by DVDFab.

Thanks very much, SJ. That answers my questions and solves my problem.

Hey joelrosado

Thats great[B]![/B] :cool: happy to hear we was able to help, and like always you are more then welcome my friend :wink:

Have a nice weekend :flower:

[B]SJ[/B]

Stormjumper - Plan A not good - any ideas for Plan B?

I thought I’d got this solved, but no luck. Today, when I went to copy to DVD media from the hard drive using (for the first time) Full Disk, as recommended, it still took two steps: it wrote to a temp file on the hard drive and then wrote to the DVD.

Other than using ImgBurn, any ideas?

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595895]…it still took two steps: it wrote to a temp file on the hard drive and then wrote to the DVD.

Other than using ImgBurn, any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It has to write a temporary file to hard disk before writing to DVD.

No software can rip and process fast enough to write on the fly to DVD.

It’s just not possible to generate enough data on the fly to keep a DVD writer supplied with data.

The closest you’ll ever get to this is automatically ripping and processing to temporary files that are then deleted when the burn is complete.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks, Wombler.

Actually, I could use Windows to copy the files from the hard drive to DVD media, since they are already compressed to DVD5 and all the protection is gone, as these are files already processed by DVDFab. But Windows is glitchy when copying files that large.

ImgBun doesn’t write them to a temporary file before burning them. I’d use ImgBurn if it didn’t mess up the subtitle preferences I already had in those files.

What I’d like to see in DVDFab is a mode that lets already processed videos to just be copied (burned). Kind of a clone mode for hard drive to media.

But I’m good with DVDFab as it is now… I just wanted to save the time that it takes to write those temp files. Actually, when I come to think of it, being retired, I’ve got plenty of time (and not much else). :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595920]Thanks, Wombler.

Actually, I could use Windows to copy the files from the hard drive to DVD media, since they are already compressed to DVD5 and all the protection is gone, as these are files already processed by DVDFab. But Windows is glitchy when copying files that large.

ImgBun doesn’t write them to a temporary file before burning them. I’d use ImgBurn if it didn’t mess up the subtitle preferences I already had in those files.

What I’d like to see in DVDFab is a mode that lets already processed videos to just be copied (burned). Kind of a clone mode for hard drive to media.

But I’m good with DVDFab as it is now… I just wanted to save the time that it takes to write those temp files. [B]Actually, when I come to think of it, being retired, I’ve got plenty of time [/B](and not much else). :)[/QUOTE]

I too am retired :cool: so I never put a rush on anything.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2595920]Thanks, Wombler.

[/QUOTE]

If they’re already on hard drive with all the protection removed then just burn them to DVD with ImgBurn.

ImgBurn doesn’t alter any files or settings, it just burns the files to the disc.

So any subtitle problems wouldn’t have been caused by ImgBurn.

ImgBurn is the most reliable burning software out there and it would be very unusual to have problems with it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2595945]If they’re already on hard drive with all the protection removed then just burn them to DVD with ImgBurn.

[B]ImgBurn doesn’t alter any files or settings, it just burns the files to the disc.[/B]
So any subtitle problems wouldn’t have been caused by ImgBurn.

ImgBurn is the most reliable burning software out there and it would be very unusual to have problems with it.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:iagree: Pretty much what I said in post 4 :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2595959]:iagree: Pretty much what I said in post 4 :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thought I’d clarify though as that didn’t seem to have been picked up on.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2596065]Thought I’d clarify though as that didn’t seem to have been picked up on.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: