Copy dvds

[qanda]This thread is about the Acer Aspire 5735-322G25N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am unsure of which acer aspire 5735 i have so I have selected the 1st one in the list.

I have software to download and copy dvds/films. But since having the laptop since xmas I have alway failed to copy a dvd successfully.

I have reported this problem before and was told to convert the movies to dvd files and copy using avsconvertor.
This failed.

Everytime I tried I would get various error messages EG error on disk, copy failed ect

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

[QUOTE=gracegorman;2415433][qanda]This thread is about the Acer Aspire 5735-322G25N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am unsure of which acer aspire 5735 i have so I have selected the 1st one in the list.

I have software to download and copy dvds/films. But since having the laptop since xmas I have alway failed to copy a dvd successfully.

I have reported this problem before and was told to convert the movies to dvd files and copy using avsconvertor.
This failed.

Everytime I tried I would get various error messages EG error on disk, copy failed ect

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why you are unable to tell us the software your using? Without knowing that it’s hard to give much help. Where did you report this problem to? Also did you make sure the dvd/films worked and play properly? That should be something you test first before converting. What O/S are you using as well? What kinda media are you using and what burn speed?

ok you are actually talking to someone who just about knows how to turn a computer on. i am just using the software pc world put on the laptop.
I reported the problem here in march its still on my profile i think.
no idea how to test if it works or speed ect. if you click my name and my wall posts its on there.

EDIT:
i just looked at my wall post and got the following info
I found out that the disk is- memorex dvd-r
i think the software is on windows media player could be NTI DVD Fit but i dont know how to copy using this just using windows media player
1 of the movies i am trying to copy says the extension file is mov none of the others say where i can see
Operating system i am presuming is Windows Vista?
No idea what a burning speed is!

Well this might be a good time to do some homework and learn about your computer and the software installed on them. For help you must be able to tell us the software your using so that those whom uses or knows about those software can properly help you. Memorex has a record of hit and miss for properly burning.