Copy dvd-rw video clip

vbimport

I burned a video clip onto a DVD-RW and then tried to copy it so i can burn it onto a DVDR, but it says the copy failed. Is it possible to copy a DVD-RW? :bigsmile:

Actually, it says that the reading of the disk failed. Fingerprint or scratch maybe? If it is in DVD format you might give DVD Decrypter a try. You can set it to retry or ignore errors.

You may just need to close(finalize) the DVD -RW.

[QUOTE=deezalboy;2478469][B]I burned a video clip onto a DVD-RW and then tried to copy it so i can burn it onto a DVDR, but it says the copy failed. Is it possible to copy a DVD-RW? [/B] :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

In addition to what the other posters stated, I hope you weren’t using “Memowrecks”, I mean Memorex, branded DVD-RWs. Many of the RW discs with that brand name on them (usually manufactured by Infodisc in Taiwan, but a few 4x DVD-RWs from that brand were made by Moser Baer India in the past) degraded severely after just one or two writes.

[QUOTE=cholla;2478573]You may just need to close(finalize) the DVD -RW.[/QUOTE]

[B]Thank you. How do you close (finalize) the DVD? [/B] :bigsmile:

[B]I`m using Verbatim(see attached). I tried another way by copying a DVDr-burned it to the DVDRW-tried to copy that DVDRW it only went along the bar half way. (see attached). I beginning too think thst DVDRWs are not meant to be copied?? Cheers[/B]

Since you have Nero Express do you have Nero CD-DVD Speed in your Nero tools ?
If you do does the Disc info tab show the disc closed ?
Also What does Windows Explorer show on this disc?
Files & Folders

Since you have Nero Express do you have Nero CD-DVD Speed in your Nero tools ?
If you do does the Disc info tab show the disc closed ?
Also What does Windows Explorer show on this disc?
Files & Folders
[B]Thank You. My attachments may suffice for your first two questions but i`m not sure how to answer your third question. I use Firefox 3.5.6[/B]

The clue is the disk has a read error. At block 1176576. Read the error report. It says that there’s a READ error on the disk. If this disk contains a DVD Movie, try DVD Decrypter. It can retry reading or fill in the blanks. If not a movie then ISO Buster or ISO Puzzler may be able to recover the data. It has nothing to do with the type of disk (DVD+RW -vs- DVD+R). You might also see if a different (a friend’s maybe?) drive can read the disk.

[B]I tried DVD Decrypter and went through some process and the destination folder was C:/video_TS. What did it actually do and what do i do now to be able to copy th DVD-RW??[/B] :bigsmile:

Get ImgBurn and burn the Video_TS folder to a blank DVD.