Copy DVD+R Disc to DVD-R Disk With Disc Copy?

If you go disc-to-disc copy from a DVD+R disc that is booktyped to DVD-ROM to a DVD-R disc, does it copy the bitsetting onto the DVD-R like it is burned on the DVD+R or will it not even play because it’s going from plus to minus media?
I’m basically asking can you directly copy disc to disc a DVD+R to a DVD-R and have it play?

Thanks! :bow:

The booktype isn’t ‘user data’, so no it doesn’t get copied.

User data on DVD+R is the same as on DVD-R, it doesn’t get changed just because you go from 1 format to the other. So if the data is correct on the DVD+R (even if your player can’t play DVD+R) then it’ll still be correct when read/burnt to a DVD-R and if your player can play DVD-R it’ll work fine.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2231735]The booktype isn’t ‘user data’, so no it doesn’t get copied.

User data on DVD+R is the same as on DVD-R, it doesn’t get changed just because you go from 1 format to the other. So if the data is correct on the DVD+R (even if your player can’t play DVD+R) then it’ll still be correct when read/burnt to a DVD-R and if your player can play DVD-R it’ll work fine.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. So you can disc copy from dvd+ to dvd- with no problems? the reason i ask is because i did it with two discs and neither would play in standalone afterwards.

i got an interesting question i’m about to post, something i’ve never seen happen before that happened in img burn.:frowning:

There is no reason to spam the same question over and over here. :frowning:

[B]@gina4xoxoxo:[/B] you already have a thread in which this question is being dealt with:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/dvd-r-turns-into-cd-r-windows-cant-read-after-burn-267466/

Please continue the discussion in that one, rather than make new threads.

[I]This one now closed.[/I]