Copy digital tv program to cd

vbimport

I have just purchased a sony digital tv, and want to record a program onto a cd.
The recorder is a Panasonic dvd/vhs combo unit. Is there any way to do this?

which panasonic unit do you have? Does it burn dvd’s or just play them? Do you really mean to burn to cd, or do you mean burn to dvd?

Its a Panasonic , either DMR-EZ47V or DMR-EZ475V, it does burn DVD’s
its a combo unit. I have to dig deeper to check exactly which model.

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2106618]which panasonic unit do you have? Does it burn dvd’s or just play them? Do you really mean to burn to cd, or do you mean burn to dvd?[/QUOTE]

Just found out my Panasonic VHS/DVD combo unit is [B]DMR-EZ47V[/B]

You shouldn’t have any trouble recording your digital tv, to a dvd. You won’t be able to schedule and record programs, but you can get it to record a program which is currently airing…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2106863]You shouldn’t have any trouble recording your digital tv, to a dvd. You won’t be able to schedule and record programs, but you can get it to record a program which is currently airing…[/QUOTE]

What prevents us from scheduling & programming? Thats was we dont understand.

Some models of DVD recorders have “program guide software”… If your dvd recorder does not have this feature, then you can’t use it… IF it does have this feature, then you need to read your manual and follow the instructions…

will check the dvd/vcr book , thanks.