Copy data from SCSI HDD to IDE HDD

vbimport

I have data on a SCSI HDD that I need to move to an IDE HDD. What would the easiest and most cost effective method be to install the SCSI HDD in an IDE machine and transfer the data?

The IDE machine is a UNIX box and the destination IDE HDD contains only a cloning (data transfer) program. Normally, I would install this drive as the primary HDD and a slave containing the data would be added as the secondary HDD. The program on the primary HDD simply copies everything from the slave drive. In essence, I need to be able to add a SCSI HDD as the slave so that the program can copy the data to the IDE master. Thanks for any suggestions!

(b.0.x)

[QUOTE=b0x;2117473]I have data on a SCSI HDD that I need to move to an IDE HDD. What would the easiest and most cost effective method be to install the SCSI HDD in an IDE machine and transfer the data?

The IDE machine is a UNIX box and the destination IDE HDD contains only a cloning (data transfer) program. Normally, I would install this drive as the primary HDD and a slave containing the data would be added as the secondary HDD. The program on the primary HDD simply copies everything from the slave drive. In essence, I need to be able to add a SCSI HDD as the slave so that the program can copy the data to the IDE master. Thanks for any suggestions!

(b.0.x)[/QUOTE]

You can add a cheap scsi card to your computer, connect the scsi hdd to this card and boot up your system. Copy the files from SCSI to IDE and doneā€¦