COPY CDs TO Hard Drive as .wavs

Hello and greets! this is my 1st ever post!

I would like to copy EXACTLY my cd to my monster 250 gig HD. I want the best quality and dont wanna go FLAC or APE. I want the same format as the recording on the CD how can i do it and what programme shall i use? THANKS SO MUCH

definitely use Exact Audio Copy to do the ripping. their website used to be here, but it seems that someone else has bought the domain. anyone know what happened?

Feurio! if your burner is supported. I also use poikosoft which you don’t hear much about here but i’ve used it for years.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
definitely use Exact Audio Copy to do the ripping. their website used to be here, but it seems that someone else has bought the domain. anyone know what happened?

It went offline for a while but is back again.

Im using Samsund DVD drive and Artec 52X CDR on EAC. Please help me out im getting these timing errors. Im copying Audio CDs to WAV files on my Hard Drive what shall i do help help!!!

Please explain in detail what you mean by ‘timing errors’. What software is giving the errors, when do the errors happen and what exactly do the errors say? Can you include a picture of the error message?

Hello im using Exact Audio copy to copy Audio CDs to my HD. On the end when all files are complete i get a little box pop up. It says there are NO ERRRORS but when i go thru each individual track it gives me a time format e.g. 02:01:02 Timing error and it allows me to listen to it aswell. When i listen to it i cant hear a thing. Also it gives me the option of remove glitch? Please help im purplexed

Originally posted by ROSSOred

When i listen to it i cant hear a thing.
Also it gives me the option of remove glitch? Please help im purplexed
EAC > EAC Options / Drive Options / Configuration Wizard - you need to configure all that before you start ripping.

EAC FAQ

Search for ‘Remove Glitches’ and see what pops-up there.

The popular CD ripper program EAC has a similar (but very simple) function built into its waveform editor.
However, the EAC deglitcher is not able to eliminate all audible glitches
and also quite often falsely triggers on regular audio…

LOL.

Xing audio catalyst is more forgiving if you can find a working copy anymore…but in all honesty…EAC is the way to go…it kicks ass once you tinker a lil…:slight_smile:

For the record…I love audiocatalyst…but copy protected audio cd’s…don’t go there…:slight_smile: