Copy A DVD 1 to 1

can somebody help me i wanna make a copy of a movie with my dvd burner i have a dvd player in drive E: and a dvd burner in drive F:
But when i do that with Nero he gives a problem that there is an Copy Protection.

How can i Copy a protected DVD?

Whith what program or have you hints?

can somebody help me?

greetings:

martin senders

Try using DVD Decryptor and pay particular attention to the information given about that particular DVD that is protected…eg
Single Sided - Single Layer
Single Sided - Dual Layer
If its the former then make an iso image from DVD Decryptor to your harddrive and use nero 5.5.8.2 - or 5.5.8.4 or 5.5.9.0
then burn image back to DVD and nero will burn DVD-+RW/-+R
this means the data contained on original is less than 4.3GB.
If its the latter an iso image will not work, because 1/2 the information will be lost because the DVD media that you and i have are single sided - single layer while the original is single sided - double layer.
So what you do is create or it creates for you a folder called Video_TS and then let the Decryptor put all the files in this folder.
Using Nero for data -( NOT DVD Video) - create a folder and keep adding the *.vob files until you reach about 3.9GB and then burn away. (Folder called Video_TS)
You will use another DVD and add the other files that you didn’t add on the first DVD and then burn away again. (Remember the folder Video_TS)
So in essence you will end up with two DVD’s and of course Macrovision is non-existent and so is copy protection.
It might be a good idea to view this movie on your harddrive to make sure everything is working before burning.
Once you have the two DVD’s then iso-images will work fine.
Look further down (another subject in this same forum) for the subject DVD Writers and see how i ripped Vampires and Harry Potter.
I am seeing DRM now put on some of these DVD’s, but bypassing that is a not a problem since the source code is weak.
Burn first with +RW or -RW to make sure everything is 10-4
You can purchase off the net double sided - single layer which means burn up to 4.3GB on side A and then flip over the DVD and burn on side B , but this is not the same as single sided - dual layer.

u can do that and have 2 discs or go here and have 1…although minor quality loss is existent of course (9.4 gb->4.7 gb does that)
it takes a while but i guess its better than having 2 discs…

hehe sorry its
http://www.dvd2dvdr.com

oops:confused:

hi,

try using dvd clone, u need anydvd 2 put out the protection, then it’s possible 2 copy one on one, other method is using dvd shrink.
dvd shrink rips the dvd to your harddrive, from there u can burn it with any burnning program

greetz dutch

I am no expert on this one and I may be wrong but, I have read at other forums that if you play the DVD on your computer for at least 5 seconds then you will be able to do what you are talking about. Playing the DVD somehow lets the computer bypass the encryption or something like that. But, if it is a dual layer the only choice you have is to use DVD Decrypter and then you DVD 2 One to shrink it down so it will fit on one DVD. The problem is that if it is a dual layer DVD then that means (correct me if I am wrong) the DVD (dual-layer) can have up to 9.4GB’s of data and you only have a 4.7DB blank DVD so, you will have to use a program to shrink it down so it will fit on a 4.7GB DVD. This is what I have been reading around the forums for the past 3 months…

Movie Nut

Originally posted by Movie Nut
I am no expert on this one and I may be wrong but, I have read at other forums that if you play the DVD on your computer for at least 5 seconds then you will be able to do what you are talking about. Playing the DVD somehow lets the computer bypass the encryption or something like that…

I hate to dissolusion you but simply playing the dvd will absolutely NOT let you just copy the dvd. 90% of all DVD’s are encrypted (the bagain/el cheapo ones are not) and these MUST be decryted before you can burn them. No retail DVD Burners will allow the burning of CSS encrypted video, end of story.

Thanks for clearing that up for me CM. You have no argument from me on this one. You helped me with Maestro and you know what you are talking about. I will not post unless I know what I am talking about first. Deal… :slight_smile:

Nut

hi guys/girls,

Get your hands on anydvd ( it’s a program from elaborate bytes ) so a program from the makers of clone cd and clone dvd. Anydvd terminates the security on the dvd’s. including ccs protection.
when u use dvd shrink u can take things away to make it fit on an dvd +/-. A dual layer dvd can’t be copyd one on one. so don’t even bother looking for tips on that one. Go to dvd shrinks homepage and read. When u want all the extra’s that ar on a dual layer dvd, buy it! If u only want the film, use dvd shrink and any burner program.

Greetz Dutch