Copy a .daa file to a dvd for view on dvd player

Am trying to find a freeware program that will convert .daa image file to an mpeg so that i can burn it to a dvd for view on my dvd player. is it necessary to convert the file at all or is there another way.
if there isn’t then does anybody know of any programs that will convert from .daa to mpeg, its hard to find, if there are any.
its a movie, and i was able to extract it on poweriso and watch it windows media player.

any help is greatly appreciated :bow:

Is this what you need?

PowerISO is a CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN. DAA is a format for an image file, which supports some advanced features, such as compression, password protection, and splitting to multiple volumes (similar to .RAR and other compression formats). … [Search for DAA file errors with this scan.]

It’s here: http://www.poweriso.com

This was stolen from Skitzoman on another board…

I’ve read alot of threads that complained that no one could get PowerISO (who created the *.DAA file) to convert/burn/mount *.DAA files…

No one seemed to have found an answer (if there was one and i missed it then i apologise).

But i have a solution, not the most efficiant but it worked for me…

Once you have opened the *.DAA file in PowerISO you are given a tree-like directory showing in the left column. If you right click the main image file (at the top) you are given some options, if you EXTRACT the files from the image… you can then use a decent program such as Nero Express to burn the files into a DECENT image format, or just onto a CD/DVD.

As for the question of compressing the large amount of files… i have no idea to that answer… apart from using DVD-Dual Layer discs which can handle upto 8.5GB. But then you need the Dual Layer DVD Drive to be able to burn them. Hope i’ve been of help… gimme a little reply here if it worked for you aswell…

Hope that helps…

CG

EDIT: Maybe DVDShrink can squish it smaller onto your DVD. If it helped, already thanked em’ for you… :smiley: