Copied DVD's won't play

I recently purchased and installed DVDFab Platinum v3.2.1.0 on my computer which is a Dell XPS 410 with a Vista OS.
The DVD RW is a TSSTcorp DVD+RW TS-H653A. I have tried to copy several movies and all seems to go well, even getting a message at the end that says the burn was successful. Then when I try to play the copies, I get a message that says that drive does not detect a video dvd in the drive.
Any ideas?
I am no computer genius. Please be simple and specific with responses.
Thanks,
Steve

[quote=frysl;1918819]I recently purchased and installed DVDFab Platinum v3.2.1.0 on my computer which is a Dell XPS 410 with a Vista OS.
The DVD RW is a TSSTcorp DVD+RW TS-H653A. I have tried to copy several movies and all seems to go well, even getting a message at the end that says the burn was successful. Then when I try to play the copies, I get a message that says that drive does not detect a video dvd in the drive.
Any ideas?
I am no computer genius. Please be simple and specific with responses.
Thanks,
Steve[/quote]
First of all the media you use is a very important factor in the end result. If you use poor media it might not be detected if not booktyped to DVD-Rom. All DVD Player are can be picky about certain types of media. +R media should be booktyped. There really is no simple ay to explain how to do this but its an easy task. There are many ways to do this . Use the search feature here on our site and I am more than sure you will find a guide to booktyping media. You can start here. Welcome to our forum, I am sure this will help you. :smiley:

yes if using dvd+r then you really should booktype to dvd-rom.

to me seems like you are meaning the drive in your computer? what program do you use for watching dvds? i use vlc, which is free and plays almost anything, at least everything ive played. and it does not need extra codec.

Yes, I am trying to play these copied DVD’s on my home computer as well as the small portable I take with me when I go overseas. My home computer has Power DVD and Windows Media Gallery as players.
I did manage to find in DVD where to make sure the booktype is set to DVD-ROM, but still no joy. Once it is all done, I get the message that the burn was completed sucsessfully, but none of the DVD players I have will recognize the copied movies.
Any help will be appreciated. By the way, I am using Maxell DVD+R DVDs.
Steve

Please post a burn log.
The default location is:
C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Did you try to play a bkup disc using VLC media player as suggested by troy?
(Link above and in my sig). It’s free and will play darn near anything.

Are you able to play the movie(s) from your hdd?
Simply use a hdd location as your[B] target [/B]or in [B]Common Preference [/B]> [B]General[/B]:
Untick [B]Delete temporary files when done[/B]
and see if you are able to view the movie.