Copied DVD Skips

vbimport

Hi all,
New to the forum. Just started backing up my dvds a few weeks ago and went through everything on the forum I had time to but could not find an answer. So if this question has been asked and answered before, please bear with me, or point me to the correct thread, if you can. I am having problems with playback skips on my copied dvds. I use DVD Clone and Any DVD along with a Sony DRU-720A with the newest firmware from Sony. Burning to Memorex DVD-R disks. My PC is a 1.7 intel4 1gig memory and a 60 gig hd. I close all running applications to free things up, burn at default speed. I play back on a region free Akai dvd player on the tv. I noticed this was not happening, before the latest updates to DVD Clone and Any DVD. I am sure there are a lot of factors that could be leading to this, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I copied 2 this morning the first one was not to bad but the second dvd stops and skips like crazy. I am also making sure the copied dvd is clean.
Lynyrd.

Sounds like the most common problem bad media. Try DVD Decrypter (it’s free) and see who makes the media.

Thanks PC Guy,
I bet that is the problem. My first batch was burned onto maxell dvd-r and those burned perfect. I hear that the media can be pretty tricky as far a glitches in writting goes. I guess when you find something that works, keep with it. I have dvd decrypter, but it was very confusing to me and I never was able to get a good copy.
Lynyrd

I don’t think your getting what I’m saying. See I have TDK +R but if I use Dvd Decrypter in Mode => ISO => Write I can see that they are YUDEN000-T02-00.
Hope that helps.

lynrd:

>>>>>I have dvd decrypter, but it was very confusing to me and I never was able to get a good copy.<<<

He was suggesting you download DVDDecrypter just as a tool to determine what media you are using. The name of the box is meaningless. However, you can use DVDDecrypter to read a blank disc and quickly determine who actually made the thing, and whather it is one of those considered “quality” media, or one of those that people have reported problems with.

Hope this is clear,

-Bruce

Thanks Bruce,’
I checked it out and this is what I got below. I noticed it this:
Pre-recorded Information:
Manufacturer ID: CMC MAG. AE1

Lynyrd

SONY DVD RW DRU-720A JY02 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 2,297,888