Copied dvd skipping on one dvd player

vbimport

Hi everyone, i noticed a similar problem had been posted but mine is a little different, ok so i have copied a dvd and ‘my’ tesco own brand dvd player will play it but it starts skipping and freezing, also tried in playstation and does the same. I tried it in my mates pacific dvd player and it plays perfect! I use dvd flick to convert a film so it will play on a dvd player, now im presuming dvd flick is not the problem and its just my rubbish dvd player.
Can anyone tell me whether it is my dvd player and if it is, is there a cheap alternative (im skint!), the tesco one was only £15, and is there anything in particular i need to look for in the specs of a dvd player? Also is it worth trying another brand of blank dvds, there was no brand on the only 2 i had left from about a year ago?
Hope someone can help would really appreciate the advice :iagree:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Most of times this problem is caused by a bad burned disc, and most of times the cause of the bad burning is the disc itself.

Usually no branded discs are low quality media, and is better to avoid them, mostly for important data.

I suggest to use only proven quality discs like Verbatim. 16x certified media usually give better results when burned at 12x or 8x, not slower nor faster :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

Yep, as Geno says, more often than not this is due to lower quality media or burning at too high a speed.

What brand of discs do you use and what speed did you burn at?

I don’t know if you have a Staples or PC World anywhere close, but they often have Verbatim DVD media on offer (either at a lower price, or if you’re really lucky, BOGOF ;)).

The Asda nearest me has recently started stocking Verbie CD-Rs, so hopefully sometime in the near future they may stock Verbie DVD Rs.

I didn’t look too closely when I was whizzing around Tesco’s on Friday, but IIRC they might stock Verbatim as well. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2531641]
I didn’t look too closely when I was whizzing around Tesco’s on Friday, but IIRC they might stock Verbatim as well. :)[/QUOTE]

No Verb’s at Tesco, Own brand and TDK are the only standard stocked lines now :frowning: