Copied DVD Freezing

I would appreciate if somebody could explain why copied DVDs “freeze” or “stick” and if there is anything that could be done about it . I use both 1clickDVd Pro and Clone2.

Depends on your hardware. Slower CPU and not enough memory would necessitate that you disable virus scan and screen saver while burning and not be on line. Also burn at the proper speed for your burner and media combination.

Yo sandypaddy-

Welcome to the forums-

Could be the media that you are using - or the fact that you are multitasking during the burn - or both-eh!!

Thank you guys. Will try your suggestions.

Hey Guys . I tried what you suggested but still no joy. Could it be the writer ?

You didn’t say what discs you were using. :slight_smile:

Most of times, playback problems are due to the media.

Can you give more details? What discs are you using (brand and mediacode)? What burner do you have and which firmware is installed currently?

At what speed did you burn exactly?

The Discs I’m using are Sony DVD-R
The writer is SonyDVD RW DRU-700A
and I’m using 1Click DVD Copy Pro

What speed are you burning at? Thanks for the info BTW. :slight_smile:

I don’t select any write speed, it seems to be automatic. How can I select the write speed ?

Unfortunately I have no idea, as I don’t use 1Click. It’s also been awhile since I used CloneDVD2, but maybe other members can help you there.

Have a look around the settings, and if you can find out where to change the speed, set it to 8x or 12x.

Appreciate your the time you’ve taken. Thank you.

No problem, I just wish I could help more.

But there are plenty of 1Click and Clone users here, I’m sure one of them will help you out. :slight_smile:

I have reduced the writing speed to x8. and it is still “freezing”

Your burner allows to run the quality disc test with cd-dvd speed.

Can you run the test and post a pic here? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but I don’t how. Can you explain How I can do the quality test ?

oops, sorry, I forgot to post more details :flower:

Take a look here :slight_smile: