Copied 24 to PC (no program) and backup won't work

vbimport

Hello my names kamran…
I copied a whole series of 24 season two on my computer.
First thing using DVD it worked properly… but after copying no player is playing it
its VOB format
I do have vlr n many other players but none opens it
Does the region setting has to do some thing with it cause when I opened the DVD through disk it asked for the region change.

Does any one else has this problem tooo

n Ofcourse thanx is advance for helping out!!!

Best Regards
Kamran

[QUOTE=kamiqash;2008229]Hello my names kamran…
I copied a whole series of 24 season two on my computer.
First thing using DVD it worked properly… but after copying no player is playing it
its VOB format
I do have vlr n many other players but none opens it
Does the region setting has to do some thing with it cause when I opened the DVD through disk it asked for the region change.

Does any one else has this problem tooo

n Ofcourse thanx is advance for helping out!!!

Best Regards
Kamran[/QUOTE]

Do you mean you copied the DVD season of 24 to your computer?? What software are you using to do the copy and playing?? Did you try VLC media player to see if it can play it? We won’t know the region if you don’t tell us your region and the media region?? Your asking alot but not giving enough spec or information.

Yup I copied it to my computer… no software used… I never thought I should use any!!! the region it asked for was to change from region 1 UK to region 2 Switzerland.
The main problem is that I used the DVD and succesfully played it on my comp but after I copied the file ( I mean literally all files) from DVD no player plays it.I do hear sounds but cant see the video.
Do I need some codecs or what???
Thanx is advance for helpin out!!

You should use a program to make a working backup. Copying the files to your hard disk won’t work. One of the reasons being the copy protection.

DVDFab may be useful. Otherwise there are good alternatives that are free of charge (DVD Decrypter in combination with IMGBurn if I am correct).

This thread may be useful:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f34/dvd-backups-100-free-software-3-5-easy-steps-239933/

Hey guys… … thanx a lot… actually solved the problem by opening the files from open directory option…
through VLC…
again thanx a lot for helping me out!!!