Cool Edit Pro / Audition

Hello to all…
I hope Ive put this in the right forum.. Ive been using Cool Edit Pro for a project, converting all my old vinyl to CD. I have been doing this for a few years now as most of the albums have to be cleaned up as I`m going for as high a quality as possible…

I have in the past used the Repeat Last Command F2 Key (also the Repeat Last Command with dialogue F3) to save a little bit of time in terms of mouse movement, for some reason it has stopped working and I have no answer as to why this has happened…

The actual command in the Edit menu is greyed out and Ive even tried allocating a different key in the keyboards shortcuts settings but it still does not work…

I`ve also tried Audition and it is greyed out as well…

Ive spent a few days looking for a cure with no luck, I suspect a setting somewhere, Ive used other progs with a `repeat last command and they work ok… Also the F2 key works in other progs…

If anyone can help me I will be most gratefull

It’s greyed out on my CEP but it’s not a function I use so I wouldn’t know how to enable it.

with a reply from another forum and a bit more experimenting I have found that if you open a WAV then open any Drop Down Menu which opens a box where you have options for OK, Close or Cancel ie Generate then DTMF Signals then Close(Cancel does not make F2 active) The F2 command works (still no F3 but I can live with that)…

This is the same for most of the Drop Downs
Once Cool Edit Pro is Exited you have to repeat the same procedure…

Well at least I can get it working, but Im like a dog looking for its bone. I wonder if that is the way it is supposed to work or a bug and that when Ive used it in the past Ive not realised that Ive done the above without realising the implications…

Further experimentation show the F2 just repeats the menu command, ie if I do a cut then hit F2 it will do another fade instead of the Cut, so a bit further on but not a solution unfortunately

It seems the repeat last command refers to the a menu command and not an action…