Cool Edit Pro 2.1 - .svx problem

vbimport

G’day folks,

Since installing “Cool Edit Pro 2.1” and running Norton WinDoctor, I have these registry errors. They are not Spyware or Viruses.
Details are as follows;

Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries - (There are 3 of them.)

1. Missing or invalid Key: “MailFileAtt”
    ProgID, “MailFileAtt,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{00020D05-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}.”

2. Missing or invalid Key: “mapifvbx.object”
    ProgID, “mapifvbx.object,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}.”

3. Missing or invalid Key: “mapifvbx.object.1”
    ProgID, “mapifvbx.object.1,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}.”

and the, Invalid File Extensions - (There is 1 of them)

1. Missing or invalid Key: “.svx”
    The file extension, “.svx,” refers to an invalid program identifier, “Amiga.8SVX.file.”

Now while doing some google searches on most of the file and key detail I finally came across this which comes close to identifying the problem but outside of purchasing some other “Associate This!” type program, gives no simple solution to fix the problem. This is the entry that would refer to my installation “Amiga.8SVX.file %ProgramFiles%\coolpro2\coolpro2.exe %1” on the http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=SVX web page. Details as follows;

System Extension Info
FILExt has been given permission to display the file extension database produced by the Associate This! program. Some of that data has already been included into the main FILExt database; but, not all. Those entries which have not yet been incorporated are shown below in the hope that they will be of some use. Be aware this is raw data which may require further research on your part to fully understand.

ProgramID FileType AppName EXEFile
Amiga.8SVX.file Amiga audio file
Winamp.File Winamp media file Winamp winamp.exe
Winamp.File %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Winamp.exe %1
Amiga.8SVX.file %ProgramFiles%\Cool2000\cool2000.exe %1
Amiga.8SVX.file E:\coolpro\coolpro.exe %1
foobar2000.svx %ProgramFiles%\Audio\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe %1
Amiga.8SVX.file %ProgramFiles%\coolpro2\coolpro2.exe %1

MIME Type Info
FILExt has been given permission to display a MIME type database collected by Anthony R. Nemmer. Some of that data has already been included into the main FILExt database; but, not all. Those entries which have not yet been incorporated are shown below in the hope that they will be of some use. Be aware this is raw data which may require further research on your part to fully understand.

ProgramName MIMEType
application/SoundApp

General Info
If the extension you are looking for is of the form .??_ the file is likely a compressed file and part of an install routine. When the install program runs it will expand the file and replace the underscore with the proper letter for the file type.
If the file is sent as an audio file with any three-character extension it may be a dictation file where the extension is the dictator’s initials; playable by BCB Voice Systems software (see ??? extension). The file could likewise be a dictation file in TrueSpeech format. Use Windows Sound Recorder and/or Media Player to play these back.
If the extension you are looking for has a number at the end or is only a number and there were no results consider entering the same extension format using zero or one as some programs produce numbered split files but when the split can be extensive (e.g., .000-.999) only the first entry is in the database.
Need more information about any entries on this page? Try a Google search using terms in the above table(s) along with words like “format,” “convert,” “conversion,” and even “hacking.” A search box is provided here for your convenience.

Thinking it may have been caused by un-installing WinAmp, I re-installed WinAmp v5.094, but this did not fix the reg errors.

Obviously I’m missing something i.e. error occured with the cooledit installation which failed to gegister these files or what?

OK, folks, so where is the simple fix for this please !? :doh: :rolleyes:

G’day 2 u, pcbugfixer!

I have the same 3 issues in my Norton Onebutton checkup.
They cannot be fixed. There is no way to delete them from registry.
And…there is no info on the net about them, what I can see until your post.

They are allmost exactly the same:

Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries - (There are 3 of them.)

1. Missing or invalid Key: "MailFileAtt"
    ProgID, “MailFileAtt,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{00020D05-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}.”

2. Missing or invalid Key: "mapifvbx.object"
    ProgID, “mapifvbx.object,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}.”

3. Missing or invalid Key: "mapifvbx.object.1"
    ProgID, “mapifvbx.object.1,” refers to an invalid ActiveX/COM entry, “{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}.”

and the, Invalid File Extensions - (There is 1 of them)

.sll refers to an invalid program identifier, “SSLFile”

This worries me a lot as SSL is a security thingie used for safe transactions over the net. This could be a very deep one…

Keep intouch for any solution!

best regards,

Frea

G’day “Freacable”

Fix these issues by;

1. going into regedit (run - regedit)
  2. open the “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” (click + in front of)
  3. locate each of the “MailFileAtt” and mapifvbx.object and mapifvbx.object.1 then do the following for each of the se keys.
  4. Right mouse click on the key (as above)
  5. click on “Permissions…” in the popup menu (action of right mouse click)
  6. ensure that each of the “CREATOR OWNER” and "Power User (xxxxxx xxxx) and the ‘SYSTEM’ have the “Allow” box ticked for “Full Control” this will automatically tick the others under the allow ‘Permissions for’ options.
    7 remember to follow step 4, 5 and 6 for each of the 3 keys.
  7. when finished, exit from the Regedit (Registry Editor)
  8. Run the “Norton WinDoctor” again and select the “Advanced” option when the scan is completed and
  9. then select all the errors in each (drag the mouse over all of them) of the categories,
  10. then select the “Repair” button icon and select the “Let me decide …” option for the actual repair action,
  11. for each repair option that presents itself, choose to “delete” the error - then click on the Repair button
    -12a. after you have repaired the 1st error, the solution to the 2nd error will appear - repeat "for each repair option that presents itself, choose to “delete” the error - then click on the Repair button"
    12b. Repeat step 12 and 12a until all are repaired (will show green tick in front of reported error)

That should get rid of the errors reported by Norton WinDoctor and resolve any other related issues with these keys.

Good Luck - with not making any mistakes !