Cool docked toolbar - how?

vbimport

Click -
here

See that cool dock on the top? How do i get that on my WinXP system? I have ThemeXP installed, so any other help will be appreciated!

from the looks of it - that exact look might be just for that skin. however, there is some promising software on downloads.com. and from what i’ve seen, things like that will be a big part of longhorn.

Hi ckin.
Nopes, I tried installing the skin, it works fine. The only problem is that the dock doesn’t appear. Maybe you need some docking software like StarDock or something?

that could be :frowning: - ill have to research some more - i was low on sleep yesterday.

No worries, ckin. You’ve been of great help so far!
Lemme know if you find something? I’m doing my own research into this, and I will post if I find something
Thanks again!

Bhairav

The image you linked to is dead but if you were reffering to the Mac OSX dock clones for WinXP. Then you can get them below.

Y’z Dock is the best one to try first as Stardocks programs have a tendency to be unpredicatable on some peoples systems causing them to become unstable.

Design Technica Y’z Dock

Stardocks Objectdock

You also need to use PNG’s as icons for use with these docks.

Their is a third called Moby dock but I think development has been stopped on it and it’s fallen behined the other two anyway.

I like Statbar

Yep, those were Mac clone toolbar docks. Thanks for the links, rocky and Mr B!

Originally posted by Bhairav
Yep, those were Mac clone toolbar docks. Thanks for the links, rocky and Mr B!

AMD Tbird 1133 @ 1311
Asus A7N8X Deluxe :wink:
2*Kingston 256MB DDR
GeForce 3 Ti200@240/550
SBAudigy Player
Pioneer DVD-105SZ
LiteOn LTR52246S
Seagate Barracuda 80 GB
IBM Deathstar 40GB

IBM Deathstar

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
I was hoping someone would notice it! Had to return the drive 3 TIMES before I got one working :frowning: . Now I just keep it disconnected and pray that I never hear that damn click of death again.

Originally posted by Bhairav
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
I was hoping someone would notice it! Had to return the drive 3 TIMES before I got one working :frowning: . Now I just keep it disconnected and pray that I never hear that damn click of death again.

the force is strong with you :slight_smile:

Tried statbar yet ?

If you want icons for your dock the best place is to look around Design Technica for PNG’s. But also look at the Mac Icon sites as they generally have the best icons. You can convert the icons into PNG’s and use them for your dock. (As Mac icons are very similar to PNG’s)

Xicons is the best one (guide on their site too on converting icons)
Xicons.com
They also have a new winxp section but it is still very new and only a few icon sets are in it.

You’ll need stuffit expander to read the mac archives and extract the icons.
Stuffit Expander

Also an icon editing program to convert the icon into a PNG.
Axialis Icon workshop is the best and easiest to use, you can download a trial version.Axialis Link

All you have to do is download the file,
extract it,
rename it to *.icns
load it into the program,
select “file” and “export”
select “PNG with transparency”
and your done.
(windows icons dont have to be renamed .icns,only mac ones)
(to make the job easier converting icons open a command prompt in the folder and type “rename . *.icns” so it will rename all the extracted icons in one go)

This site has some flash based tutorials on how to extract/configure and convert the icons but they didn’t work for me I think my firewall blocked them thinking they were adds.
Marvilla Tutorials

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

(Forgot to mention the most current version of Stuffit v8 does not require any special settings to extract the files from mac archives, previous versions did. However if you see a file just called “Icon” don’t extract that one as it will stop the extracton procedure for all the files. Not sure what it is as the tutorials have not been updated to reflect the newer version of Stuffit. It didnt happen in the older versions though)

Deskmod are back online. They have an excellant selection of icons for use with Y’z Dock.

So browse around

Deskmod Y’z Dock Section