Cooking

Can you cook?
If so what do you cook? ie your signature dish.

Me. I do a lovely poached chicken breast in Chilli sauce.
Then I burn the vegatables and mash that go with it. :rolleyes:

Also used to make a nice Chocolate Browine but I haven’t made it for a while.

Anyone else?

I would personally live on fish.
Smoked cod is probably my favorite. Spread some butter on the fish, some chopped spring onion and sliced tomatoes and then grill. Simple dish and very tasty.

I cook a mean steak pie as well, usually served with potatoes, peas and carrots.

If i have plenty of time i’ll make a curry from scratch. But to do it properly, it needs to be cooked for 3 days.

Chicken Ala King …

Roughly chop an onion or two, and a capsicum.

Take a few chicken Drumsticks, fry em til they go brown …
Simultaneously, throw the onions into a large pot and fry them, after about 5 minutes, throw the capsicum in with the onion, and also some rosemary (if you like it), salt & pepper and lots of paprica.
If the onions are cooked before the drumsticks, turn them off …
Throw the drumsticks in the pot when they’re cooked, or at least brown on the outside & fill 1/2 the pot with water, and another 1/2 with milk … gently simmer for about 40 minutes, which is coincidentally, enough time to cook the rice & steam a few vegies :wink:

Depending on your preference, you can mix up some corn flour & mix it in with the chicken/capsicum & onions tto thicken it up … or if you’re a soup person … leave it.

Lay a bed of rice on your plate / bowl & ladle the chicken al king onto the rice… whalla!

No recipes, but I make a mean sweet and sour chicken, and spaghetti Bolognese.

And for afters, chocolate cake :bigsmile:

Recipes? :confused:

Alright then, no cooking details. Been so long since I made any of the above, not having a cooker…

Hmm, I like making (alright, eating as well!) Lasagne, Fajitas, Enchiladas and a few other things. Dessert wise…I can do Lemon Meringue Pie and a couple other things. Cake wise it’s gotta be hot, freshly baked scones.

If I had a signature dish, it would probably be chicken quesadillas, with my homemade red salsa (yes, that’s truly authentic Mexican salsa–not some of the ‘ketchup’ that some restaurants call salsa). The chicken is just standard boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into cubes, then cooked until almost done (very little pink left) in a frying pan with non-stick spray. Then I add about 1 cup of the red salsa to give it the flavor and seasoning (the salsa is also salted), and just cook that mixture for a few minutes, letting the juice from the chicken breast mix with the salsa. This will cook off probably 2/3 of the remaining juice, but I don’t cook it for many minutes after adding the salsa, since the juice and salsa is what keeps the chicken moist. I then just remove it all from the pan and add a grated mozzarella/cheddar cheese mixture over the top (if I want to serve it alone), or I heat some flour tortillas, put two spoonfuls (roughly large tablespoons) inside, then put the grated cheese mixture around the outside of the tortillas, so the cheese melts and closes the tortilla. :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile:

I love cooking… Cook from good fresh ingredients every day - no processed food in my house (well, except chocolate, but that’s obviously different :wink: )
I like making loads of different things though and don’t have a signature dish as such. Tonight, I made Thai green coconut curry with sticky rice :slight_smile:
Tomorrow, it’s going to be New England style seafood chowder.

I’ve been learning Italian cookey recently, and have been making pasta, which tastes great when made fresh (easy too).

I guess mine would be gumbo. Chicken or duck, sausage, crawfish tails, oysters, and crab meat wonderfully blended with herbs and spices. Served over rice with a scoop of potato salad as a sidecar.

I make one heck of a Gumbo, with sausage, chicken, peppers, onion, celery, my secret rue, and lots of okra. My whole family begs me to make it on a regular basis.

My other favorite dish, is I make Forest Grouse, stuffed with long grain wild rice (with bacon, sauted carrots and onion), then put in a covered baking dish with about 1" of dry white wine, and cook until meat starts falling off the bone. (mmmmmmm good).

savery mince .Freeze LOTS of portons.
Have with.
PASTA
MASH potatos
RICE & vegies
Kids ask why your food always tastes the same
after they eat at other friends homes.
NOW my 21 year old son wants MOMMYS food
after unerversity DIGS .Has to cook himself.

I’ve been making alot of pizza lately, cheese filled crusts, mozzarella cheese, my own sauce and everything, bird eye chillies…actually I’m starting to get sick of it.

:eek: :eek:
4 :o

Does he taste nice? Sorry, had to ask :bigsmile:

YEA .:bigsmile:
But when it gets to " PUT MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT "
sms "YOU DONT HAVE TO GET OUT OF BED TO DO IT"
Cell phone Banking .:sad:

I love to cook, I find it very relaxing and the rewards are immediate. I cook everything but Italian is my specialty. Shrimp scampi and Osso Bucco are a couple of my favs. I made a huge batch of venison chili and brought it to work the other day, it was a big hit. Oh shit! I’m beginning to drool on my keyboard. :o

I love to cook as well, In fact I love food period. I have several signature dishes one of them would be barbecued stuffed salmon.

:cool: :cool: