Cookie issue?

vbimport

I keep having to log into the main page, and several times recently have got logged off on the forums page too. Using FF 2 with cookies set to on. The main page also does not remember my login/password, even though FF is set to do so.

I purged all cookies and permissions, will see if that helps, but I wondered if I’m the only one seeing this.

Just confirmed, the main page is not remembering me at all. Forum does, for now.

Just confirmed an unintended log-off on the forums too. This time I was still logged in on the main page but not the forum. :doh:

OK, it seems that I am never remembered on the CDfreaks.com main page, but am remembered on the forum page. However, when I log onto the main page, I get logged OFF the forums. Very annoying and can be repeated every time. FWIW, my login is the same at both places.

hi CDan,

I’ve tried exactly the same as you did and it works correct for me. Also we didn’t receive any other reports yet so I suspect it has to be a setting within firefox. Do you do some adblocking/cookieblocking for our site/other sites?

:iagree:
Same here using IE7
all cdfreaks cookies saved in CCleaner.

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2126810]hi CDan,

I’ve tried exactly the same as you did and it works correct for me. Also we didn’t receive any other reports yet so I suspect it has to be a setting within firefox. Do you do some adblocking/cookieblocking for our site/other sites?[/QUOTE]

AdblockPlus, but this has never interfered before. I deleted all cookies and started fresh, but it’s still the same: signing in on the main page kicks me off the forum. Basically, I can only be signed in on one or the other. To clarify, this only occurs after shutting down FF. It’s when I come back again that the cookie doesn’t work. So I can be signed in at both places, but when I shut down FF and then come back I’m signed off one or the other.

I think I first noticed this a couple weeks ago.

[quote=CDan;2127249]AdblockPlus, but this has never interfered before. I deleted all cookies and started fresh, but it’s still the same: signing in on the main page kicks me off the forum. Basically, I can only be signed in on one or the other. To clarify, this only occurs after shutting down FF. It’s when I come back again that the cookie doesn’t work. So I can be signed in at both places, but when I shut down FF and then come back I’m signed off one or the other.

I think I first noticed this a couple weeks ago.[/quote]

I experiance exactly the same thing.
only took note now you mentioned it :flower:

We are working on the problem. We now where it goes wrong but we are testing everything to make sure it all works correctly. When everything is fixed you should only have to login on either the forum or the frontpage and you will automatically be logged in on both. I will post here again when the problem is fixed

[B]Thanks [/B]
I didnt think it a Problem Thought that was the Way it was, till I saw this thread.
I normaly never log of ,Use my e.mail links and cdfreaks newsletter to access Main page or Forums.

:flower:

[QUOTE=jochem2007;2127303]We are working on the problem. We now where it goes wrong but we are testing everything to make sure it all works correctly. When everything is fixed you should only have to login on either the forum or the frontpage and you will automatically be logged in on both. I will post here again when the problem is fixed[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought that was the way it used to be, but somewhere along the line the 2 logins became separate.

If you log out on either cdfreaks.com or the forum and login again you will be logged in at the cdfreaks.com page and the forum. (be sure if you login on the forum to use the remember me checkbox). If there are any more problems or things you’d like to see improved please let us know

Yup, seems to be fixed.

Damn, you guys are good. :flower: