ConvertXtoDVD

vbimport

my download is nearly finished and it has 60episodes and i have 10 dvd how much episodes do i put on each dvd their 120min dvd-r 4.7gb and the files are avi some episodes are 150mb 100mb 90mb 80mb ect so how much episodes do i put on one dvd each i dont know what to do im usein ashampoo burning studio 2008 thanks :flower::confused::confused:

i got 60episodes how many eps do i put on each dvd their 22min 150mb and some are 100 or 80mb how many episodes do i put on how many dvds??? :clap::clap:

how many eps should i add to it soo i will burn the eps got 60 dont know how much to put

Welcome am4u91

With the information you provided, that is difficult to answer. For example, what format are the episodes in, do you want to watch them on a stand alone DVD player, what formats can your DVD player handle, etc.

If you simply want to place 100 mb files on a 4.7 gb disc, then do the math and you will know how many episodes you can fit on a disc.

As a general and quick answer, take a look at this thread.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f59/dvd-burner-248497/

How long are each epidsode?

30 min ?

I would suggest not putting more than 3-4 hours of video on 1 DVD, depends also on their orginal quality.

I just watch my quality meter, when it goes from [B]Excellent[/B] to [B]Good[/B] I take one episode off and go from there. Each series will be different so saying that you can put โ€œxโ€ amount of shows on each project depends on what exactly your input is.

[B]@am4u91:[/B] please donโ€™t create more threads on the same subject. Your other ones have been merged here, so letโ€™s keep it all in one from now on :slight_smile:

When I put episodes on DVDโ€™s I usually go by the amount of minutes you can fit on the DVD. I usually burn things like CSI which are 40 mins and I would therefore put aroud 3-4 per disc. The file sizes vary from 100-700mb and arenโ€™t very easy to calculate so I always use length of the footage.
However, this is just me.
I hope that was of some help.

[QUOTE=LOCOENG;2098367]I just watch my quality meter, when it goes from [B]Excellent[/B] to [B]Good[/B] I take one episode off and go from there. Each series will be different so saying that you can put โ€œxโ€ amount of shows on each project depends on what exactly your input is.[/QUOTE]

I would go with this recommendation. Put them in the box til they show good and then remove one or more out back to excellent and keep it there and you should know how many espisodes will fit on a SL or DL media. Too many degrade from excellent to poor as you probably noticed on ConvertX.

hi im having a problem with using this software. when i place an audio file on the main menu it only plays bout 30 sec of it, and i cannot get background videos to work on the main menu. trying to create a dvd with heroes on it an would like either the theme song or a trailer for season one running in the background of the menu.

unfortunately for the menu the audio duration played cannot be made longer, at least not easily or officially.

Some documentation has been done by ConvertXtoDVD users on how to edit the .ini file.
http://forums.vso-software.fr/guide-how-to-change-menu-duration-times-t6260.html

For the background video problem, what version and what template are you using?