Convertxtodvd,trial version

I have recently started to burn dvds and im using the convertxtodvd3, trial version. I plan to purchase this product but it seemed real slow, 1hr 20mins for 1 movie to convert and burn. Seemed like it was literally downloading from the net instead of using a already downloaded version I had on my computer. My question, is the trial version slower purposely or is it my computer. My computer is relatively slow. I have 512MB RAM and a 3 Meg Broadband connection. I am very new to all this and any recommendations you can give me would be highly appreciated. I have a lot of actual dvds to make backup copies of, and downloaded movies to burn to dvd

I think the site is great and thank you.:clap:

[QUOTE=KYJason;2284915]it seemed real slow, 1hr 20mins for 1 movie to convert and burn.[/QUOTE]
That’s about right; a faster PC will speed it up, but not massively. Personally, I use FAVC (a free alternative to ConvertX) and it takes typically 2 to 3 times the length of the movie to convert, sometimes longer for best quality.

[QUOTE=KYJason;2284915]Seemed like it was literally downloading from the net instead of using a already downloaded version I had on my computer.[/QUOTE]
No it doesn’t even need a net connection; unplug your cable or disable your wireless card to demonstrate this.

[QUOTE=KYJason;2284915]My question, is the trial version slower purposely or is it my computer.[/QUOTE]
The trial version is identical to the bought version, but limited to 30 days use.

[QUOTE=KYJason;2284915]I have a lot of actual dvds to make backup copies of, and downloaded movies to burn to dvd[/QUOTE]
The dowloaded movies are of course not under copyright :slight_smile:

Welcome to CDFreaks.

Sláinte

midders

Thanks for all your help. Free alternatives would be great, especially if they dont have the banner, everybody likes saving money right? Any suggestions? and thanks again

As mentioned above, FAVC is a free alternative, but there’s also DVD Flick and others; for a complete list, check out http://www.videohelp.com/tools and search for the conversion feature that you need.

Sláinte

midders