ConvertXtoDVD (Sony DW-U14A)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Sony DW-U14A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I recently got ahold of ConvertXtoDVD v3.3.4.106 and registered it. Blah blah blah. I went along and converted a .avi to DVD format. Everything went smooth up until the burning. :eek:

When I get to the burning, it begins and gets about .3% of the way in and then stops… and gives me these error codes.

BURN: WRITE FAILED: Can’t find write strategy at sector 2272
BURN: WRITE FAILED: Write error at 2256 (16) - Code 03 73 03 [Medium error, Power calibration fail (CD-burner is dirty)]

The second part I’ve found in the forums… the first has eluded me. I’ve put a cleaning CD through the dvd drive to clean the lens… with no change in error status. I then tried to use Img Burn instead… it too encountered errors…
It completes the “Buffer” 100% then about 1:00 in it gives me the following error

"I/O Error!

Device:[1:0:0] SONY DVD RW DW-U14A2.0e(D: )(ATA)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 2240 - 2271

Sense Area: F1 00 03 FF FD 00 00 00 00 73 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B 02 12 4F
Interpretation: Power Calibration Area Error"

This DVD drive came installed in the VAIO I bought, I didn’t install it myself, and I have never done anything to it or it’s power source.

HELP?

It seems that your sony does not like the disks you are using, what brand are you using?

I am using Fujifilm DVD+R 4.7GB 1xto16x originally.
After this post I used TDK and it worked fine.

:clap:

Odd though, I’ve never had a problem using these DVD’s with my drive before… well… before I reformatted, maybe there was a program that made it all happy… I know I was using Roxio, and I did have Nero installed, but I never used it.

Thank you