ConvertXtoDVD Menu Problem

vbimport

Hi there, I’m new to DVD burning. Been trying out some programs, and seems the combination of DVDFab + ConvertXtoDVD gets me the best results. Here’s my process:

Rip full DVD contents to my computer with DVDFab.
Head over to ConvertXtoDVD and encode it + burn it to the disc.

This has worked great and I can burn a full movie to a 4.7GB dvd with almost no quality lossage. But the only thing is, for some reason ConvertXtoDVD gives me this “custom” dvd menu even though I ripped all the contents of the DVD including the menu. When I go into ConvertXtoDVD, I’ll open the entire folder that has all the contents of the ripped movie (including the menu) but the menu will never actually open up in ConvertXtoDVD.

Is there any way to fix this? I can give any more info if needed.

Thanks in advance.

If you are just compressing the movie to fit onto a single layer dvd, you can get the best results using a program called DVD Rebuilder. There is a free version which should work very well for full backups. Rebuilder uses the HC encoder, rather than the transcoders normally seen in such compression programs, and its output is quite superior to them.

And if you want the original menu, DVD Rebuilder can keep that intact. DVD Rebuilder has no decryption capability, so you’ll still need to rip first with DVDFab.

I don’t use ConvertX, so someone more familiar with that program may come in and give you some tips on it, so check back in.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2672222]If you are just compressing the movie to fit onto a single layer dvd, you can get the best results using a program called…[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the prompt response! I will look into that program.

ConvertXtoDVD will not convert the original menu if this is what you want. It will create its own if that is what you have requested in the settings.