Convertxtodvd help

vbimport

when i try to burn a disc using convertxtodvd it says my disc only holds 4.7gb and i need 8t?? the files are only 3 tv progs at 350mb each :confused:

Hi and Welcome!

your source material is very likely encoded in a format with a high compression like MPEG4 (DivX and others). A video DVD is using MPEG2, which is not that highly compressed. Thus, your video will be ā€œinflatedā€ to meet the standards for a DVD video.
Nothing wrong here.

Michael

Mciahel is probably right about this. 350mb is a normal size for xvid or divx encoded tv shows.

Mpeg2, which is the only video codec allowed in dvd-video, is not as efficient in compression, so to maintain equivalent quality, you need to use a higher bitrate when converting. This leads to much bigger files sizes.

You can normally convert two 1hr tv programs encoded in xvid or divx over to mpeg2 and get them to fit onto a single layer dvd without too much loss of quality.

Next time in Settings->Encoding->Target Size-> set to DVD-5(4300 MB)ā€¦This will convert and compress to fit SL disc for burningā€¦Perhaps you now have it set to target DVD-9 size, hence when the burning process starts, you get the burn noticeā€¦
IOW, check your settingsā€¦

[QUOTE=mciahel;2558166]Hi and Welcome!

your source material is very likely encoded in a format with a high compression like MPEG4 (DivX and others). A video DVD is using MPEG2, which is not that highly compressed. Thus, your video will be ā€œinflatedā€ to meet the standards for a DVD video.
Nothing wrong here.

Michael[/QUOTE]

i will look at the settings then thx. it is an avi file and i have no problem converting everything else previously although i have just downloaded an updated version of convertxtodvd so maybe the settings are wrong. impressed with forum here!! :iagree: