Convertxtodvd Command Line Question

I have seen the instructions on how to perform conversion by the command line and I was just wondering if there were any further command line switches available.
At the minute I am using the following batch file which works well

set file1=Movie1
set file2=Movie2
set file3=Movie3
set file4=Movie4

“C:\Program Files\vso\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe” /file “e:\movies%file1%” /auto=true /close"

“C:\Program Files\vso\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe” /file “e:\movies%file2%” /auto=true /close"

“C:\Program Files\vso\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe” /file “e:\movies%file3%” /auto=true /close"

“C:\Program Files\vso\ConvertXtoDVD\ConvertXtoDvd.exe” /file “e:\movies%file4%” /auto=true /close"

Its easily customised and very easy to add many more conversions but I was wondering if anyone had a full list of all the command line options out there (e.g is there a /menu command what exactly does the /auto command do exactly)

I feel this is the kind of info that vso should be providing.

Hi there,

You have read my mind :stuck_out_tongue:

This morning, I was thinking about just that, BATCH Processing for ConvertXtoDVD.

As you can see, it’s real easy to create a Batch File, but a lot of users don’t even know what a batch file is.

I have a suggestion in mind that is will be sent to VSO today, to see if they like the idea or not.

And I will let them know, that an official document should be released with all the possible /commands and an explanation of all of them !

To answer your question, I think if you don’t have Auto = True, it will just load your project, but you will need to manually press <[B]Convert[/B]>

That makes sense as far as the auto command is concerned.
I hope they release the info on the various switches available because if there are more than the file and file list commands (dont see why there wouldn’t be) there are certain things to which the set command would lend itself quite well (e.g naming the menu for each dvd or for adding subtitle files as then tend to have the same file name).

I know that the simplicity matched with the quality of the output is what the manufacturers are going for but if the switches are there novices dont have to use them and experts can have the choice.

if you need any information you are welcome to contact vso directly, we will try as far we can with the current batch command available, we are just too short in time to do a dedicated application to do the batch conversion.

Hi there,

Here’s my flavor of the document with examples:

http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7493

Pretty says what you said and what Lapinou said, in 1 document for everyone to look at :clap: