ConvertxToDvd: Chinese Subtitles Problem

vbimport

Hey, this is my first post in this forum and I’m in need of help. I’ve been looking for a way to burn a movie with Chinese subtitles. Whenever I try to burn these subtitles onto a Dvd, they always turn out to be weird symbols and I cannot seem to figure out how to burn them correctly. Are there specific settings that i need to put before they work? BTW I am using ConvertxToDvd v. 3.3.0.96

Can someone please help me with this problem?

[quote=Stupidkenny987;2164413]Hey, this is my first post in this forum and I’m in need of help. I’ve been looking for a way to burn a movie with Chinese subtitles. Whenever I try to burn these subtitles onto a Dvd, they always turn out to be weird symbols and I cannot seem to figure out how to burn them correctly. Are there specific settings that i need to put before they work? BTW I am using ConvertxToDvd v. 3.3.0.96

Can someone please help me with this problem?[/quote]
Chinese words are symbols or something like that so I guess chinese subtitles will be the same don’t you

00:01:40,063 --> 00:01:42,676
– ÈýÌõ£¬ºÃÅÆ¡£ºÃºÃ¸É°É¡£
– ʲô£¿¾ÍÎÒÃÇØí£¿

00:01:42,796 --> 00:01:46,292
»¹ÓÐÁ©ÔÚÂ¥¶¥ÉÏ¡£Ã¿ÈË·ÖµÄÒ»·Ý£¬
Îå·Ý£¬ÒѾ­ÊÇ´óÊýÄ¿ÁË£¡

00:01:46,453 --> 00:01:48,542
Áù·Ý£¬±ðÍüÁ˲߻®Ðж¯µÄÄÇÈË¡£

^ Well that is not Chinese at all. Maybe I have a font problem? I remember reading somewhere that ConvertxToDvd works when reading Chinese fonts but i tried many times and this program still doesn’t seem to read this font. any suggestions?

Nvm, I fixed this problem. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Stupidkenny987;2165068]Nvm, I fixed this problem. :D[/QUOTE]

do you mind sharing how you solve it?
I managed to see the chinese subtitle using vlc with my .srt file alongside the video file.
When using convertxtodvd, I have chosen hanzi for subtitle. Yet after burning the dvd, i see funny symbol which means the subtitle fails to display chinese character properly.
Pls advise and help.
Thanks.