Convertxtodvd burning error!

Okay so I am a n00b to all this first of all, and I’m sorry if this question has already been answered. I’ve looked through all the threads for the answer to my problem.

Anyways, I convert my .avi file using convertxtodvd. Then a window pops up verifying what DVD burning drive I would like to use. I put in a DVD-R and click burn. It says it cannot write burn it. Here is the exact message displayed…

“Write error at 0 (16) -Code 02 30 05 [Cannot write medium, incompatible format]”

What does this mean?

I’m using a Maxell 120 min video/4.7 GB data disc DVD-R.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1953583]Okay so I am a n00b to all this first of all, and I’m sorry if this question has already been answered. I’ve looked through all the threads for the answer to my problem.

Anyways, I convert my .avi file using convertxtodvd. Then a window pops up verifying what DVD burning drive I would like to use. I put in a DVD-R and click burn. It says it cannot write burn it. Here is the exact message displayed…

“Write error at 0 (16) -Code 02 30 05 [Cannot write medium, incompatible format]”

What does this mean?

I’m using a Maxell 120 min video/4.7 GB data disc DVD-R.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CDF’s:

Can you tell us about the burner you are using and some system specs please. Also can you put one of those discs in and use the free Nero CD-DVD Speed Disc Info tab to see who really made them and post a screen shot.

Sorry if this isn’t much help, but all I know is that there are two logos on my CPU.

One says, RW-DVD+R/RW.

The other says, DVD R/RW

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1953593]Sorry if this isn’t much help, but all I know is that there are two logos on my CPU.

One says, RW-DVD+R/RW.

The other says, DVD R/RW[/QUOTE]If you download http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ it will find your drive info but click on the Disc Info tab for disc info and post a screen shot.

Sounds like the media does not like your drive.

I guess your drives firmware does not know how to burn those discs properly. Have you burned those same discs in that burner before? Or is this a new package?

Lets see what others have to say. Please be patient :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rolling56;1953604]I guess your drives firmware does not know how to burn those discs properly. Have you burned those same discs in that burner before? Or is this a new package?[/QUOTE]

I’ve never burned any video files before at all…

Could it be that my drive doesn’t support DVD-R and only DVD+R?
Or would that show a different error?

If this helps here is the link to my PC specs…

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-t6212/4507-3118_7-31341178.html

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1953608]I’ve never burned any video files before at all…

Could it be that my drive doesn’t support DVD-R and only DVD+R?
Or would that show a different error?

If this helps here is the link to my PC specs…

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/emachines-t6212/4507-3118_7-31341178.html[/QUOTE]
To the best of my knowledge here’s a quick run down:

CD/DVD drives need a firmware that tells the drive how to burn the disc that is inserted. To me it looks like your drives firmware doesn’t know how to burn those discs. A firmware update could help but i am not familiar with your drive. Even thought i have several Lite-Ons. There are people here that have that drive and know more about it than i do. Just trying to help you.

I don’t think it is a “+R” only drive. Those discs are probably newer than the firmware is. You [B]might[/B] have to buy some discs more compatible or a newer drive that can burn them…

[QUOTE=rolling56;1953614]To the best of my knowledge here’s a quick run down:

CD/DVD drives need a firmware that tells the drive how to burn the disc that is inserted. To me it looks like your drives firmware doesn’t know how to burn those discs. A firmware update could help but i am not familiar with your drive. Even thought i have several Lite-Ons. There are people here that have that drive and know more about it than i do. Just trying to help you.

I don’t think it is a “+R” only drive. Those discs are probably newer than the firmware is. You [B]might[/B] have to buy some discs more compatible or a newer drive that can burn them…[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for all you’re help.
I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I found out the problem and I feel like an idiot now. lol.

I have a DVD+R drive, not -R.

Silly me. Thanks again everyone for all the help.

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1955611]I found out the problem and I feel like an idiot now. lol.

I have a DVD+R drive, not -R.

Silly me. Thanks again everyone for all the help.[/QUOTE]

[B]Nope!![/B]

The media you have used is not good enough.

[QUOTE=chef;1955834][B]Nope!![/B]

The media you have used is not good enough.[/QUOTE]

Uhm no. I was using DVD-R and it didn’t burn, and now I’m using DVD+R and it’s working fine for me.

Your burner is a “Dual dvd burner”, it can deal with both formats, AFAIK.

Is Alcohol installed???

[QUOTE=chef;1956308]Your burner is a “Dual dvd burner”, it can deal with both formats, AFAIK.

Is Alcohol installed???[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… That’s weird.
DVD-R does not work, but DVD+R does.

No I do not have Alcohol installed. Why do I need it?

[QUOTE=chef;1955834][B]Nope!![/B]

The media you have used is not good enough.[/QUOTE]

I would agree to some extent. RITEK F1 isn’t the best media code on the planet.

What speed did you try to burn at? Could be that the drive doesn’t support this media code very well (assuming you’re using the LiteOn 1633S shown in the CD Speed pic to burn).

[QUOTE=Arachne;1956792]I would agree to some extent. RITEK F1 isn’t the best media code on the planet.

What speed did you try to burn at? Could be that the drive doesn’t support this media code very well (assuming you’re using the LiteOn 1633S shown in the CD Speed pic to burn).[/QUOTE]

I’m pretty sure I burned it at 16X.

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1957542]I’m pretty sure I burned it at 16X.[/QUOTE]

OK. With that MID (the ones I have are Maxell ones too), I find 8x or 12x usually does better.

If that doesn’t help, I’d try some Verbatim -Rs (or even +Rs which would be my preference). :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;1957592]OK. With that MID (the ones I have are Maxell ones too), I find 8x or 12x usually does better.

If that doesn’t help, I’d try some Verbatim -Rs (or even +Rs which would be my preference). :)[/quote]

It’s just that the drive on the PC doesn’t suppport DVD-R’s.

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1957623]It’s just that the drive on the PC doesn’t suppport DVD-R’s.[/QUOTE]

The drive/burner does, only your OS or softwares do prevent it from using DVD-R in some way.

[QUOTE=crazymike703;1957623]It’s just that the drive on the PC doesn’t suppport DVD-R’s.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, that LiteOn drive does support DVD-Rs. :iagree:

I would try with some Verbatim or other better supported media before writing it off.

A firmware update would also be an excellent idea if you can find one.

Also, 8x or 12x burning didn’t help at all, then?