ConvertX To DVD: -R or +R and drives

vbimport

Since this a VSO software specific question, I hope it fits here.

Does VSO/ConvertX “prefer” +R or -R media ?
Or is it the norm, quality media determines positive results, rather than than + or - ?

Same question for DVD burners, either DL or regular. Are there any that do not get good results with ConvertX, no matter the media quality ?

IMO both +R and -R work fine, even budget also works fine.

CCRomeo is correct, this great program works with + and dash media just fine, I always burn at 8X and never had a problem. The new version ConvertXtoDVD3 is just coming out of beta soon, it will be even better than it is now.

Thank you guys for your advice,I am having some “skip” issuses with my burns, but do not have grade A media perhaps, [ Maxwell -r ].

May look for a new burner to replace my Sony/LiteOn SOHW-1693S, but wanted to make sure, whether or not VSO-ConvertX needed any particular style or brand of media, and/or burner.

It appears that my issuses are not because of ConvertX, so I will move to a different topic for any further help, Thanks again !!!

[quote=PtownBubba;2000052]Thank you guys for your advice,I am having some “skip” issuses with my burns, but do not have grade A media perhaps, [ Maxwell -r ].

May look for a new burner to replace my Sony/LiteOn SOHW-1693S, but wanted to make sure, whether or not VSO-ConvertX needed any particular style or brand of media, and/or burner.

It appears that my issuses are not because of ConvertX, so I will move to a different topic for any further help, Thanks again !!![/quote]
I bet if you tried some Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden your problems would disappear.:iagree:

cool,

ordered some Verbatim media, should be here any day now, they are +R , will see how it goes, Thanks !!!

[quote=PtownBubba;2000060]cool,

ordered some Verbatim media, should be here any day now, they are +R , will see how it goes, Thanks !!![/quote]
Let us know how you make out.:iagree:

Super results, with ConX to DVD,with “good” media.

Using VSO ConvertX to DVD, and Verbatim +R media ,100% working results on ALL my stand-alone players. Even when I did a DVD copy, of a poor playing/skipping disc [ Maxwell -R ] to the Ver +R media, it played flawlessly,

ConvertX is tops for me !!!

Thanks for the help !