ConvertX to DVD alternative?

vbimport

I find ConvertX to DVD awfully slow to convert. Is there an alternative to this program that will convert faster?

[QUOTE=Wiskerluv;2781304]I find ConvertX to DVD awfully slow to convert. Is there an alternative to this program that will convert faster?[/QUOTE]
Since there is no specs or file details for anyone to confirm or deny what your asking this will go no where fast. Your asking for alot in return for little to much information for anyone to be of help.

ConvertXtoDVD is usually regarded as one of the faster programs for conversion of various types of video to DVD-video. I believe they use ffmpeg as the encoder.

All other things considered equal, mpeg-2 conversion relies on the speed of your cpu. If you have a relatively slow computer, you’re going to have slow conversions.

While there are a handful of good, free alternatives, like DVDStyler, DVDFlick, and AVStoDVD, most use ffmpeg. AVStoDVD can use the HC encoder and is generally slower, especially if you use it in the most recommended mode, which uses two passes.

Thanks for replying. Usually ConvertX doesn’t take exceptionally long, maybe 1 1/2 hrs. but tonight it took 5 hrs. from start to finish. Have no clue what that was all about but so frustrating.

[QUOTE=Wiskerluv;2781326]Thanks for replying. Usually ConvertX doesn’t take exceptionally long, maybe 1 1/2 hrs. but tonight it took 5 hrs. from start to finish. Have no clue what that was all about but so frustrating.[/QUOTE]What are your computer specs and is it a tower or a laptop?

I am running Win XP Pro. This is a desktop PC. I am now using ConvertX to Video and it took a little over 2 hrs. as compared to the 5 hrs. the other day.

I was just wondering if there was another app that works faster than that, but maybe it’s just my computer