Converting youtube vid.clips to play on tv

vbimport

I’ve downloaded Y/Tube vid. clips via Y/Tube downloader and want to burn? them to a DVD disc to play on the TV. Is this poss?
Thanks in advance.
Gloriana

[QUOTE=Gloriana;2567575]I’ve downloaded Y/Tube vid. clips via Y/Tube downloader and want to burn? them to a DVD disc to play on the TV. Is this poss?
Thanks in advance.
Gloriana[/QUOTE]

What format did you download it in?? Also be careful of copyright protection as well. You tube has been in trouble with this as well. I know the paid version of ConvertxtoDVD has worked in video conversation but it does give you a trial period to use it. But I think there other free video conversation programs. Others whom use those will probably be able to tell you those links. And if not you can always search for free video converters online that you can download and do that for you.

I’ve found DVDFlick is best for this.
The max is 48 YouTube videos per single layer DVD with DVDFlick.
Of course the finished video can be larger if the .flvs are large then it can’t be burned to SL until compressed more.
I don’t know of a way to test before doing the conversion.
If you stick to around 35 there is usually no problem.

YouTube Videos usually download as MP4 files.

I use the YouTube Downloader available HERE:

Which will also convert the files to other formats.

What I wanted to download was the AllState Insurance “Mayhem” commercials

Which the copyright holder actually WANTS you to download… they are COMMERCIALS after all…

AD

@AllanDeGroot , When I use a downloader I usually use this one.

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
I usually just use IE & copy the file from TIF .
The just change the extension to .flv or .mp4. both seem to work .
I used to use an older version of the one you posted & it downloaded as .flv.
It had a converter you could use to convert to several formats.
The problem with it was it only downloaded as mono audio.
The HD one will do 2 channel.
The IE method will get whatever the file is mono or 2 channel stereo.

@ Gloriana There´s a freebie software here that seems to get good reviews

There´s only about 5 hours left however…sorry I only just noticed they were offering it.

It claims to be able to put nearly anything onto a normally playable DVD…check it out.
Otherwise, DVDFlick as others have already pointed out.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2567576]What format did you download it in?? Also be careful of copyright protection as well. You tube has been in trouble with this as well. I know the paid version of ConvertxtoDVD has worked in video conversation but it does give you a trial period to use it. But I think there other free video conversation programs. Others whom use those will probably be able to tell you those links. And if not you can always search for free video converters online that you can download and do that for you.[/QUOTE]
Hi there,thanks for swift reply.It’s legit. to use Youtube downloader for pc.iPod etc. but not for DVD recorders. Will look for free video converter as you suggest. Thanks again. G.

[QUOTE=cholla;2567584]I’ve found DVDFlick is best for this.
The max is 48 YouTube videos per single layer DVD with DVDFlick.
Of course the finished video can be larger if the .flvs are large then it can’t be burned to SL until compressed more.
I don’t know of a way to test before doing the conversion.
If you stick to around 35 there is usually no problem.[/QUOTE]
Thanks v much will try DVDFlick.G

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2567585]YouTube Videos usually download as MP4 files.

I use the YouTube Downloader available HERE:

Which will also convert the files to other formats.

What I wanted to download was the AllState Insurance “Mayhem” commercials

Which the copyright holder actually WANTS you to download… they are COMMERCIALS after all…

AD[/QUOTE]
Hi AD Have used Y/Tube downloader, can’t progress as it seems not to allow conversion to DVD recorder.Thanks.G.

[QUOTE=cholla;2567602]@AllanDeGroot , When I use a downloader I usually use this one.

http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/
I usually just use IE & copy the file from TIF .
The just change the extension to .flv or .mp4. both seem to work .
I used to use an older version of the one you posted & it downloaded as .flv.
It had a converter you could use to convert to several formats.
The problem with it was it only downloaded as mono audio.
The HD one will do 2 channel.
The IE method will get whatever the file is mono or 2 channel stereo.

You’re extremely kind but you might as well be talking in a foreign language!!G

Just import the FLVs and convert using the mentioned DVDFlick or ConvertxtoDVD…Just don’t expect good quality, OK quality at best…Or best case, on par with crappy flv source files…Of course quality is in the eye of the beholder eh!..
Have fun!..:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deanimator;2567935]@ Gloriana There´s a freebie software here that seems to get good reviews

There´s only about 5 hours left however…sorry I only just noticed they were offering it.

It claims to be able to put nearly anything onto a normally playable DVD…check it out.
Otherwise, DVDFlick as others have already pointed out.[/QUOTE]
Missed your recommended site will look for similar programmes thereon. Thanks.G

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2568010]Just don’t expect good quality, OK quality at best…Or best case, on par with crappy flv source files…Of course quality is in the eye of the beholder eh!..[/QUOTE]
That is why the YouTube Downloader HD is good because if HQ is available for the YouTube video being downloaded it will be .mp4 instead of .flv. Those usually have 2 channel stereo as well.
As I posted above & I guess it was a bit complicated for Gloriana . I use Internet Explorer & copy the video file from Temporary Internet Files . Then change the file extension to .mp4 .
I’ve done a video of multiple YouTube videos with DVDFlick & the quality of most are average quality when viewed on a TV . I haven’t tested them with a big screen TV though.

Exactly " the quality of most are average quality"…Now try viewing on a larger screen, for me it’s just not worth the trouble of converting…But that’s just me of course…To each their own!..

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2568045]Exactly " the quality of most are average quality"…Now try viewing on a larger screen, for me it’s just not worth the trouble of converting…But that’s just me of course…To each their own!..[/QUOTE]
My largest TV is a 27 inch CRT & they look pretty good on it. I wouldn’t say as good as a commercial DVD but as good as OTA recorded on a standalone in 6 hour mode.
Of course there are a few that are such low quality even on YouTube that they don’t get better . So those don’t look good on my TV .
I’ll eventually get a larger Flat screen but not before one of my 27 inch ones goes bad.

Hi Youse Guys
Understand that the quality may be impaired. I’ll go either with DVDFlick or Koyotesofts, the latter recommended by Youtube downloader. Shall do my best to muddle through!!
Many thanks for all the advice.
Gloriana